||7||

Lunch time came around quickly and I found myself throwing an apple up and down, catching it as I walked around the academy, looking for a place to sit before someone jumped in front of me.

"Teach me how you threw your kunai like that," Sasuke demands, two knives in his hands like he was going to attack me. I just stepped around him and took a bite of my apple.

"Hey!" he yelled, stepping in front of me again.

"Oi leave her alone," Shikamaru popped up and poked Sasuke in the shoulder, "she clearly doesn't want to teach you so just go away."

"What are you? Her boyfriend?" Sasuke asked, shooting a glare at him before walking away in a huff.

"Thanks but I was just going to leave if he kept persisting," I told him, he shook his head.

"Want to eat with us?" he asked, I shrugged and he shoved his hands in his pockets, "what kind of answer is that supposed to be?"

"I don't know. But sure, whatever," I nodded and he turned and walked ahead, leading me towards a tree where a group of boys and a couple girls were.

"Should probably introduce you," he says before pointing at each of them, "that's Sakura, Hinata and Ino. He's Choji, Naruto and you already know Kiba."

"Pleasure," I say nodding my head.

"Whoa Shikamaru, you actually got her to come eat with us!" Choji exclaimed with a surprised expression.

"Yeah well it wasn't that hard," Shikamaru shrugged before flopping down next to Choji. I sat a bit of a distance away as I ate and then laid down on the ground once I was finished.

"So y/n, where did you live before here?" Ino asked.

"No where," I replied bored.

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?" she asked.

"Isn't it obvious? She had no real home, idiot!" Sakura says kind of annoyed. They're annoying.

"Shut up, billboard brow," Ino shot back.

"Why don't you, Inopig!" Sakura retorted before the two huffed and shut up.

"Y/n!" I heard someone shout, I sit up to see my father approaching us.

"Father?"

"I'm going on a mission. Shouldn't be gone too long, but just in case I've asked Yoshino and Shikaku to keep an eye on you," he tells me, the others watching on curiously. I just frowned.

"I'm not 3. I don't need a babysitter. Now go, stay safe," I tell him. The words naturally rolling off my tongue from saying it so often in the past.

He tapped his ring and I lifted my hand to show I was still wearing mine. He smiled and then walked away.

"When did he become a ninja?" I asked confused.

"Probably last night," Shikamaru suggested, he was leaning against the tree barely awake. I just shrugged.

"Isn't Yoshino and Shikaku your parents, Shikamaru? Are you guys close or something?" Naruto asked, I shook my head.

"Nah. They're just my father's friends. Apparently my parents and his grew up together and whatnot," I said before flopping down on the grass again but this time closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

Shikamaru's PoV

"She fell asleep quicker than you, Shikamaru," Choji says as we watch her sleep calmly with light snores. I just replied to his comment with a 'mhm'.

"I don't like her," Kiba finally speaks, we all looked at him, "she's just a freak. A freakishly fast weirdo who has no friends."

"Idiot. Don't be so rude, she just moved here, obviously she won't have any friends!" Choji snapped at him.

"She does have a friend," I say, moving so I was laying on the tree comfortably, "I'm her friend."

Then I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep while I listened to everyone talk loudly. How she's sleeping through this really does make me question her.

Your PoV

"She fell asleep quicker than you, Shikamaru," Choji says as I fake sleep, it's a good way to see how they act without myself 'hearing' the conversation.

"I don't like her," Kiba finally speaks, "she's just a freak. A freakishly fast weirdo who has no friends."

Well thanks Kiba. I faked my snores sadly. I'm just a freak, obviously, every village is the same.

"Idiot. Don't be so rude, she just moved here, obviously she won't have any friends!" Choji snapped at him.

"She does have a friend," Shikamaru says, "I'm her friend."

He's...

Shikamaru... Is my friend?

What did i do to deserve a friend, no matter who the hell it is?

Thank you shikamaru.

With that I allowed my mind to travel to wherever and I dreamt on.

"We're going on ahead, we don't want to wait for you slow poke!" my mother called, I cheered and giggled as she pulled me along the road away from my father who was talking to some old man.

"Y/n, do you want to meet mine and your father's closest friends?" my mother asked as we walked down the road.

"For sure!" I exclaimed, she smiled, "Come on old lady."

"What did you call me? Oh no you didn't just go there," she playfully growled, running towards me and tickling me before I managed to free myself from the tickling trap and ran down the road. I turned around and became as stiff as a rock.

Unable to move. I was barely able to blink and talk.

"M-mother?" I asked, she was just as stuck as I was.

"It'll be OK. Don't worry," she tried to comfort me as the bushes beside us rustled and moved violently.

We were forced to turn around by some unknown force as a man came flying out of the bushes. A kunai knife in his hand and he grabbed my mother's hair, pulling her head back and then stabbed her in her throat.

The man ran away and I was released, tears streaming uncontrollably down my face as my father ran towards us as fast as he could.

"Y/n!" someone shouted in my ear as they shook me awake. I peered up to see Shikamaru's face in front of mine.