||6||

F/n's PoV

"You're here," a ninja appears in the room beside myself and my two friends, "Lord Hokage wishes to speak with you right now."

"Understood," I say, nodding and watching as the ninja disappeared again, "I'll just go get y/n."

"Don't worry, you go see the Hokage, we'll have her for the evening and send her home in the morning," Yoshino tells me with a bright smile.

"Thank you," I returned the smile before jumping out the house and running towards the Hokage's office.

"Lord Hokage?" I called as I knocked and then entered, "you asked for me?"

"Yes, f/n, will you become a ninja of our village again? We seem to be low on numbers," Lord Hokage tells me. At first I'm surprised but then stood in thought.

"Yes," I nodded, "will I resume from my old rank?"

"Indeed you will. I doubt you'll have changed that much," he says as he produced a leaf headband out of his drawer. I take it and tie it around my head.

"Your uniform?" he asked.

"I still have it, not to worry," I tell him with a reassuring smile, he nodded and then dismissed me.

Shikaku's PoV

"Well we should probably get y/n to the spare room," Yoshino says as I yawn and stand up. I just nod and we walked to Shikamaru.

"Aw they're so cute," she commented, I looked over her shoulder and smiled at the sight. Y/n was sleeping half in the room half outside and Shikamaru was using her legs as a cushion.

"Alright lets get this over with," I mumbled, walking over to Shikamaru and picking him up, Yoshino had rolled back his sheets ready for me to place him in. Once on the bed he seemed to be a bit less comfortable but I just turned around and picked y/n up, leaving the room with Yoshino behind me.

She rolled back the sheets of the bed in the spare room and I placed y/n on the bed, Yoshino tucking her in and we both just looked at her.

"She really does look like m/n," I say, she just nodded and I sighed wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Let's go to bed now," I whined, she laughed and walked out the room, dragging me behind.

Your PoV

I wake up to feel a softness under my head and the sun on my face. Sitting up I realise I'm not in Shikamaru's room, nor was I in my own.

"I don't want to get up," I grumbled before jumping out of bed, I walked out the room to see I was still in the Nara house.

"Morning, y/n! Come get breakfast," Yoshino calls, I nod and walk to the kitchen, on my way there I walked past Shikamaru's room to hear him mumbling.

"What a drag... What's the point in setting the alarm if I'm going to wake up before it rings. Now I can't be bothered to turn it off, but it's just going to continue it's consistent ringing and ringing until I do turn it off. How annoying..."

I laughed at his laziness.

"My father's not here?" I asked, half expecting him to be passed out on the sofa.

"He was called to the Hokage last night so I said we'd look after you and send you home in the morning," she told me, I nodded again before looking down and realising I was still in Shikamaru's clothes.

"Excuse me for a moment," I say, stepping into her shadow and then appearing in my wardrobe of my room, I climbed out and changed into my own clothes before returning to their house.

"Here's Shikamaru's clothes," I pass her them, "there's no need to give me breakfast. Thank you for letting me stay here last night. I should probably leave now."

"Come by again!" she tells me as I grab my clothes from yesterday and then return home. Throwing the clothes into the washing pile I poke my head into my fathers room to see him passed out hanging off his bed. What an idiot...

"Whoa? That's the time?" I panicked before realising I could take as much time as I wanted, I can literally just shadow jump there. Knowing I have that card in my pocket, I decided to make my father breakfast before leaving.

When I arrive at school I sit in my seat beside Kiba but in his seat was a dog rather than himself. The little white animal barked at me and wagged its tail. I smiled and stroked its head until Kiba came back.

"Good morning Kiba," I greeted him, he just picked the dog up and sits where it was.

"Don't touch Akamaru," he growls at me, I flinch at his tone before nodding and looking forward and listening to Iruka sensei.

"Alright we'll be doing kunai throwing theory," he announced, the whole class complained, I just sighed.

"First off because I want to see how much our new addition knows, y/n come down here and answer this question," he speaks as he wrote and sketched out a basic scenario on the black board behind him. I stood up and walked down the stairs to where he was. He gave me the chalk and I started reading the question. It was quite a wordy one so I scribbled out all the unnecessary information and put all the relevant information to the side before solving the question.

A few minutes pass and I step to the side after underlining my answer.

Iruka sensei inspected everything before nodding.

"Well done, you got it right, go sit back down," he tells me, I returned to my desk and rested my head on my arms, planning to go to sleep before I felt something hit my head. I looked up to see the chalk rubber on the desk in front of me.

I picked it up and frowned before throwing it at Shikamaru who was also sleeping.

"If I have to be awake, so does he," I grumbled as he shot up and looked at the rubber.