||20||

Shikamaru's PoV

Y/n was second to fight. But she was fighting her own team mate.

When they were down in the arena, Yuuto took his shirt off, revealing dozens of tattoos covering his arms and torso.

They both bowed and then moved away from each other, crouching down just in front of the wall.

It was silent.

No one dared to breathe. They didn't dare to move or speak.

"Come on!" Naruto yelled, irritated and bored. Yuuto shot a glare in his direction before raising his hands.

3rd Person PoV

Yuuto raised his hands, on his face he wore a satisfied smirk as if to say that he'd won this battle already, but before he managed to do anything y/n was beside him in a blink.

She raised her fist and threw a punch in his face, making him fly from where he was crouched and into the wall at the far end. The wall denting and crumbling a little as he hit it and fell.

"Come on, Yuu, don't tell me you're giving up!" y/n shouted over to him, hopping from foot to foot while punching the air mockingly.

"Ninja art: Ink wolf." Yuuto mumbled, placing his hand on his shoulder and focusing an amount of chakra into the tattoo. A wolf appeared beside him and lept through the parting dust cloud.

It growled and charged to y/n. It went to bite her but she dodged and threw a shuriken. The shuriken hit the wolf in its side causing it to yelp and then poof. A deer, lion and tiger then jumped out. Yuuto stood behind them with one hand out, it was hovering in a hold motion before changing to a charge and target motion.

The three creatures huffed loudly in y/n's direction before charging.

She punched and kicked every time they came too close. Non of them poofed because there was a string attached to the head of each animal. Chakra flowing through and making them stronger by the minute.

Y/n put more chakra into her strength and speed and seemed to accelerate even quicker. No one blinked, fearing they'd miss something interesting or amazing.

She was like an unstoppable speed machine. The tiger snuck up behind her as she fought the lion and she caught the paw like it was no big deal, smashing the two creatures together and then throwing them right back at Yuuto causing them to finally poof.

The deer came charging, head down and antlers ready to stab like knives. She waited. And waited. And waited. The deer kept coming closer and closer until it was right on top of her, she allowed one of the antler to catch her arm as she grabbed hold of the other and spun around before releasing it right back at Yuuto again.

"Ah man- this is difficult," Yuuto complained, walking forward and smiling, "you're really going all out aren't you?"

"I guess so," y/n nodded.

"Guess I'm going to have to pull out my secret move. So early in the game as well. My father will be so disappointed in me," Yuuto sighed before dropping himself to the floor. His body started tinting black.

His once pale skin was basically oil and his red hair was like a shadow, it seemed to lengthen and become transparent. It moved by will and swirled around as he moved, standing up on end. His eyes were pure white, like there was no iris or pupil anymore.

He then moved into a taijutsu stance and smiled at his team mate.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Ready," she smiled.

They both charged forward and started fighting hand to hand.

Their punches were strong and their kicks were even more powerful. The ground shook and the walls trembled upon every hit they received and made.

Until the both pulled away to a wall, one knee resting on the floor, the other supporting them. Breathing heavily, obviously exhausted.

"I'm exhausted," y/n muttered.

"As am I," Yuuto agreed before the whole room was filled with a deadly silence. Each watching to see who fell first. Y/n stood up, followed by Yuuto. They started to walk towards each other. The had almost met each other in the centre when Yuuto's exhaustion had finally hit him, his legs gave in and he fell forward, passed out.

Y/n caught him before he hit the ground and then placed him gently down. The proctor came over to determine the winner.

"Winner is f/n l/n, looser Yuuto Reo," he announced. Riku jumped down from the stands and skidded to his knees beside his friends.

"You guys put way to much effort into this one," he told y/n as Shikamaru and Choji joined him.

"You OK?" Shikamaru asked her, she nodded and stood up as medical nin brought out two stretchers and pulled Yuuto's unconscious body onto the stretcher.

"Please come with us," the medical nin told her, she sighed.

"Go with him," Hyousuke shouted down at her.

"Yeah yeah, I'm going," she muttered before walking away, "good luck Shikamaru, Choji and Riku. Don't fail!"

"I won't!" Riku replies before jumping back up next to his sensei. Shikamaru and Choji watching as she was taken away by the medical nin.

Your PoV

I'm beat.

I didn't expect to have to fight so hard today.

I was even dragged to the recovery room.

Yuuto being Yuuto, was silently sleeping with pure ease on the bed beside me while I was being forced to sit and be healed.

"I'm fine, please let me go back," I begged.

"Stay put! You could damage yourself if you don't," the head medic told me with a glare, "now rest or else I'll have to put restraints on you."

"Yeesh-- that's being a bit overdramatic, don't you think?" I asked before flopping down, putting my hands behind my head and closing my eyes. It was too quiet. Plus the whole area reaked of cleaning supplies and blood. It was so irritating.

"Here," Kakashi appeared, a book waving in my face.

"How'd you guess?" I asked, he chuckled.

"I watched you resist," he told me, I smiled and took the book. It wasn't one of his usuals, thank god. Then he left and I was left in peace to read and "relax".