Chapter 37: Broken Promises

[[JOE'S POV]]

I Watch As Jon Legs Tremble Uncontrollably, Sweat Dripping Down His Forehead. He Instantly Dropped His Head Into His Hand That Where Shaking Violently, I Can Tell He Was Struggling To Breathe And Fighting Hard To Keep His Eyes Open, But He Was Losing. I Ran Over To Him Upon Helping Eva Place Sapphire In The Car. I Shook His Shoulder Trying To Get My Bestfriend To Snap Out Of It, He Slowly Lifted His Head But I Can Immediately Tell He Wasn't Fully There Because As I Spoke To Him He Didn't Say Anything But Continued To Tremble More Violently By The Minute.

"...Jon! Jon! Bro!... You're Gonna Be Okay." I Said Leaning In And Wrapping My Arms Around Him But Just Continue To Tremble, "You're Gonna Be Okay Bro... It's Just A Panic Attack, You're Gonna Be Fine I Promise." I Said As I Held Him Tightly. I Felt Something Dripping Down My Arms What I Thought Was Maybe Jon's Sweat Turned Out To Be Jon's Blood Pouring From His Head. The Cement Floor Below Us Cover In His Blood, I Quickly Pulled Out My Phone Calling For An Ambulance.

I Continued To Hold Jon In My Arms As I Waited Anxiously For An Ambulance To Show Up, By This Time The Entire Bar Was Now Standing Outside Surrounding Us As They Watched Us Both Covered In Blood. I Felt As Jon's Body Was No Longer Trembling And I Could No Longer Feel Him Breathing Anymore. I Pulled His Face Towards Me While I Called His Name, "Jon!.. Jon! Come On Man, Please Wake Up!" I Said Lightly Tapping His Face But Got Zero Response.

A Few Minutes Later The Ambulance Finally Arrived Placing Jon On A Stretcher, "I'm Here For You Bro, Just Hold On Please Everything Is Gonna Be Okay." I Said As The EMT'S Wheeled Him Into The Ambulance...

[[EVA'S POV]]

I Laid Sapphire Down On One Of The Beds, Softly Removing Her Ugg Boots And Turning Off The Lights. I Walked Over To The Living Room Flopping Down Comfortably On The Couch Flipping The TV On, "What The Hell Is Going On?" I Mumble Lowly To Myself As My Thoughts Were Interrupted By My Phone Ringing. I Immediately Pulled Out My Phone Before It Can Wake Sapph And Quickly Answering It Before I Can Actually See Who Was Calling,

"Hello." I Said Whispering Through The Phone "Hey Eva, It's Roman Listen I'm At The Hospital With Jon, I'm Not Quite Sure What's Happening But He Just Stopped Breathing." Roman Said His Voice Obviously Cracking A Bit. "OMG! What?!" I Said Yelling Through The Phone Completely Forgetting Sapph Was Asleep, "What Do You Mean Jon Stopped Breathing?" I Said Now Shouting "I Don't Know Eva, He Was Having A Panic Attack And His Head Was Bleeding Severely Than He Just Stop Breathing." He Said Choking Up At The End, "I'm Coming Over Now, Wait For Me." I Said Quickly Hanging Up The Phone.

"Oh Shit..." I Mumble As I Turned Around To See Sapph Standing Right Behind Me With A Pale Look On Her Face, "What's Wrong With Jon?" She Questioned Her Voice Sounding Shaky. I Exhaled Softly Before Preparing To Answer Her, "Jon Is In The Hospital, He Stop Breathing Sapph." I Replied Mumbling The Last Part. Her Eyes Grew Wide And Full Of Tears Almost Immediately "No.. No.. No Honey Don't Cry Please, Jon Is A Tough One He's Gonna Be Okay." I Said Embracing Her In A Hug. "I Wanna See Him Please." She Said Just Above A Whispered "Okay." I Replied

FF>> To The Hospital

Sapph And I Rushed Through The ER Doors And Headed Directly To The Receptionist Desk, "Hi Can I Help You." Said One Of The Nurses "Yes Hi, We're Looking For Jonathan Good." I Replied "Of Course You Are, Well Doctors Are With Him Now So If You Like, You're Welcome To Wait In The Waiting Area Around The Corner." She Said Rather Smugly While Pointing To Her Left. "Yeah Okay Thanks." I Replied Returning The Smug Look Dragging Sapphire Away Because From The Looks Of It Sapph Looked About Ready To Knock That Nurse Out.