epilogue

Don't get me wrong, I am a big Suspian shipper. Before coming up with this story, I already finished one with the two headlining it. But unfortunately, idiot as I was back then, I didn't make a backup so when my tablet got busted, everything became ancient history (though, of course, I still remember how it goes.) I ship Peter and Susan because of Will and Anna and their palpalable chemistry. I mean, come on; they definitely don't act like siblings (esp in PC.) 😂 [If you're interested for some WillAnna fluff and angst, please feel free to check my profile for my WillAnna short stories.]

Sooo, here you go. The culmination of a four year work. Please don't forget to vote. And please see the end for additional notes. 😊

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Tell me a story, Aunt Lu," a blonde-haired boy of ten spoke from his king-sized bed, underneath a thick layer of duvet, as he stared down at the opened book he had on his lap.

Lucy Pevensie, having just entered the boy's bedchambers to check on her beloved nephew if he had gone to sleep (she had been doing that ever since the boy learned to read; he had taken after his mother his addiction to books) raised her eyebrows in surprise and couldn't help but look at the book he was clutching.

It was the first time, ever since the boy could read, that he had asked a bedtime story from Lucy.

"Alright," the twenty-four year old Pevensie tucked her long, brown hair behind her ear and snuggled beside the boy beneath his duvet. "About what?"

"About mother and father," the boy replied.

Lucy glanced down at his book and saw two portraits: the left one depicting a young man with dark hair that almost reached his shoulders, and the right one depicting the blonde-haired King of Narnia and his raven-haired Queen. The boy was running his fingers over the embossed and majestically written words under the King and Queen's depictions.

"High King Peter the Magnificent and his queen, Queen Susan the Gentle."

"And Uncle Caspian." the boy looked up at Lucy with his bright, blue eyes.

Lucy still remembered how these portraits came to be. The first one was just before that celebratory ball twelve years ago, the same celebratory ball that began the Second Great War against the White Witch. The second one was the day after the wedding and coronation of the High King and Queen of Narnia.

Lucy always thought that Susan almost looked like their mother in that portrait. Of course, without that gold crown on her head and that cape around her shoulders.

"What do you want to hear?" Lucy asked.

"Everything. How you, Uncle Ed, and Mother got to Narnia." the young Prince replied. "Oh, and how Mother and Father got together."

"I thought you already know everything."

"From books," the boy reasoned. "From a stranger's point of view. I want to hear the story from my own family."

"But your parents already told you everything."

"Not everything," the boy promised. "I think."

And stubborn, Lucy thought. He got that stubborness from his mother, too.

"Didn't you ask your Uncle Edmund?"