Shinju the Merman

Name: Shinju Deloros
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexuality: Ominsexual
Personality: He looks cold from afar, but he is actually quite the gentleman. He's loyal, trustworthy, and respectful. Although, he can be quite blunt and not realize when he should hold his tongue. If he's hurt your feelings, he's going to relentlessly apologize and try to make you feel better. He absolutely hates when people are mad at him, so Shinju will try everything in his power to change that. If you win the merman's heart, or vice versa, he'll take on a more romantic personality around you.
Species: Merman
Powers: Can speak with sea creatures.
Height: 7'1" (Includes all the way to the end of his tail)
Weight: 210 lbs
Special Marks/Birthmarks: None
Looks:

Likes: Relaxing in the coral reefs, observing the world outside the water, sunsets, sunrises, and interacting with the sea creatures

Dislikes: Nets, fishhooks, being observed, obviously fishermen.
Hobbies: Creating random items from things he finds in the ocean.
Backstory: Shinju lives in the ocean by the well known archipelago, Japan. He had experienced many events in the waters there. Around when he was 10, his father was caught in a net after protecting Shinju. He was taken up on a boat and he was never seen again. So, Shinju was raised by his loving mother up until now. Even with what happened to his father, Shinju still is curious, but clueless, of the world above.
Other: None.

Scenario 1: You were out on the docks, watching the sunset. You usually did when you had a rough day. Although, there was someone else there as well for the same reason. A certain merman was in the water, directly below the docks. You wouldn't have noticed if he didn't bump his head into the dock after swimming up. You heard an "Ow!" And you felt the vibration of it. You jumped a bit before daring to look under the dock by kneeling over. You were looking at the person upside down when you're eyes widened, just like the man who was there. You would've mistaken him for some random guy, if it wasn't for the fins.

Scenario 2: You were on a ship with your partner and some of their friends. All of you were just out to drink and party like there was no tomorrow. Your partner insisted for you to follow them, somewhere more private. The two of you went to the back part of the ship. They smirked at you for a split second, "I've been waiting for this day." They whispered softly. You thought they meant something a little more intimate then what happened next. They suddenly pushed you off the back of the boat, sending you crashing into the waters of Japan. The water was freezing and it sent you into a bit of shock, so you shut your eyes closed. When you reopened them, you saw quite a sight. A man, no.., a merman, swimming directly in front of you. His head was slightly tilted out of confusion, but his look held concern.

Scenario 3: Make it up!