chapter 28: I will die for you

(.there will be some descriptive gore in this so if that's not your cup of tea don't read it. *still manga spoilers*)

The next few days were filled with anxiety and work. When you weren't teaching or investigating you were with shota .The two of you had become inseparable. Then the day came. The dreaded day that everything was discovered. You were sorted into teams and given goals with one main priority. Eri.

The base was simple to infiltrate though it soon became obvious they knew you were there. You had you guard up staying close to shota. A passageway was discovered though it appeared a dead end. That was until togota went through and proved it was a fake wall and explained it was thick.

Your eyes were scanning the area for any sign of danger. Your hands were shaking and you kept eying shota who looked extremely focused in the conversation. You stayed with the group as it moved. You felt the floor shift as it started warping.

"Eraserhead! Can't you erase his quirk!" you heard someone yell though you were too distracted by the commotion to tell who. "I can't erase their quirk if I can't see them!" shota shouted in response. You took a step forward and went to take another one before you realized the floor was gone. Your eyes widened as you began to fall. Your arms reaching out to grab anyone. Your hands locking onto someone's chest before hitting the ground cushioning their fall.

"Ah! Sensei y/n are you alright!" deku sputtered immediately helping you up. "Im fine im glad I stopped you from hit-" you were cut off by some yelling and deku dragging you with the rest of the group. Your eyes noticed a black hair kid from the big three. Were they leaving him to fight alone?

Your eyes searched desperately for shota. You immediately locked eyes with his as if they were magnets. You gave midoriya a final smile before heading to him. You could here kirishima worrying about the kid you all left behind and you quietly reminded yourself to learn his name later.

The group continued on from there being extremely quiet. There was much action and it worried you. You were next to shota when you noticed it. The wall moving. You grabbed his wrist and shoved him out of the way before feeling yourself propelled foreword. You then looked quickly to see fatgum and kirishima gone. "Kiri!" you shouted in frustration.  Before seeing the moving floors and walls.

You attempted to find cracks in the moving room with your water but it wasn't helping. Something in the corner of your eye and a noise caught your attention. You spun around to see two rock locks. One of them on the floor bleeding. The standing one tried to start explaining but deku caught onto it to quickly.

You couldn't hide your disgusted face as it  started melted revealing a naked girl. "Deku!" she squealed dreamily. You glared at the girl on the floor before seeing a shadow behind her twirling something in its palm. You squinted before a piece of glass was slid across the floor to your feet as krysti emerged.

"Love to stay and chat.....but twice probably needs a tad bit of help so ill be back." krysti's voice was bitter and cold as she grabbed the girl and fled

Your attention was immediately drawn to the bleeding hero. You ripped your sleeve off and started to put pressure on the wound.  You felt blood against your hands the warm sticky feeling making you gag. As you were distracted you barely noticed the event that happened. Though you wish you did.

After you finally got the villain. You got rock lock to a safe spot before heading in the direction of togota. You could hear the fight. You felt chills as you rushed ahead. They needed you. You propelled your terrified body foreword. You almost gasped at the amount of chaos in the room though.

The poor little girl was all your eyes were on. Until you were slammed into a wall. You got up swiftly and tried to use your water as a distraction as the main event happened. You noticed shota about to blink and rushed to him. From there it was a blur you grabbed his shirt blinked and then you were thrown against a wall as shota was lying helplessly in front of you.

"I can slow you down too but it would be a waste....so ill kill him if you come any closer." the villain perched on top of shota with his knife raised sneered. You felt your heart pounding. You blinked back tears and just sat quietly as time went by. You noticed his impatience.

"Damnit chikasi im not waiting anymore." he growled. You saw his hand twitch. You felt your body move before you saw the knife move. You didn't see it pierce through you but you sure felt it. You made a choked noise as you heard uraraka's yell. You saw the guy restrained. But out of all the things you saw and heard. Shota's expression of horror as you hit the ground next to him was the worst.

You had felt many painful things. Burns, cuts, having an eye carved into your back but this was the worst. Just having to shot there and see your students panic. To feel blood pooling on your body. To feel a blade in you. It was too much. You gazed at shota your vision fading out.

"I will never let you die shotayou whispered lightly.

Then it was blacker than that night you first kissed.

What a night.

Maybe you'll get to relive that.

Maybe

You won't.