chapter 34: rising stress

"What do you mean not yet!" Midoriya shouted at you. Too I didn't respond as you say a quick flicker in both there eyes. You immediately lurched forward jumping in between the two. You felt heat against you arms before you could even scream at them to stop. You used your quirk to push them down. Before giving a tiny hiss due to your now singed arms.

"What the hell were you to thinking!" You shouted. Blair's eyes widened as she stared at you arms. It was an expression you had never seen before. You let them get off the ground but before you could speak Blair sprinted off.

You stared in shock before ryoko started apologizing.
"I'm sorry ma'am. I'm willing to take any punishment." He told you before joining the rest of his class. " everyone to to your next class. I have something I have to deal with. " you sighed dismissing the somewhat concerned looking students.

You made your way to recovery girls office accidentally bumping in to all might. "Ah hello y/n- what happened to your arms?" He inquired. You stiffled a sigh. " some old grudges made some students to violent and boom in burnt. "
"Ah. That must of been quite the problem" he answered still eyeing your burns. "Yeah well it happens. Bye yagi" you finished the conversation popping into recovery girls office.

"Save your quirk and wrap me up" you said taking a seat on one of the beds. Recovery girl gave you a light glare before pulling out a first aid kit. She put some burn cream on the wounds and wrapped you arms. "You need to be more careful. Soon you'll be in her more than midoriya."

you forced a laugh and got up. "Sure. Thanks I'll be sure to get you lunch next week" you walked out the door hearing her yell. "Forget it!"

You headed towards shota's class room as the final bell rang releasing the students. You shuffled though the now crowded halls hissing every time a student but your arm on accident. Finally you made it to 1A just to be met with the disappointment of an empty classroom. You searched for a certain florescent yellow sleeping bag and then curled up in it for maybe a minute before you remembered mel.

You got up and headed to the door to then be met face to face with shota. "Hey there. Love to stay but I have after school training in the gym unless you want to come" you told him. His eyes were locked on your arms though. "I'm grading there then and your telling me about your arms." He replied.

You entered the gym seeing mel there stretching with blair. Blair's face filled with guilt when she saw you. "Start off with five laps around the gym!" You shouted as they got up to run.
You took the time to explain to shota about your arms. And then went to train with the girls. "Alright like I've said in class you can't just rely on quirk strength you-"

Your watch started buzzing loudly. You have a quick look to shota. His watch was the same color. "Girls there an emergency so we're moving training. This is a good hero experience" you told them running swiftly to the gym doors.

Your party of four slipped from the school gates. You checked your watch feeling your chest tighten. Dawn's old bakery. You grabbed shota's hand ignoring the students and gave it a tiny squeeze.

You quickly heard shouting civillians. "Blair get people too safety. Mel try to calm down the hysterical. Shota get a higher view find the source!" You spat out orders and ran Towards the central point of hysteria. Your thoughts were swimming.

Then you saw him. His stitched face in full light. "RAY!" You screamed getting his attention. "Ah! My favorite hero. It's only been a day. Did you miss me that much?" He grinned. You glared.

" Stand down" you hissed. He said nothing before leaping at you about to grab you shoulder. "NO!" You heard a voice scream before Ray was blasted away from you. You turned to see chris.

" don't let him touch you. It activates his quirk. " he hissed loudly. You quickly saw a flash of teal.

"mel!" You screamed seeing her so close to ray. That's when it clicked. They both had teal hair.

She gave a look before staring a fight with ray. He kept saying certain things to her that made her more and more angry. You quickly sprinted towards the girl but it wasn't enough. His hand made contact with her.

Mel fell limp to the ground her eyes pure white. The fight then shifted to ray and sonar. You can to the limo girl and shook her. "Can you hear me mel. Mel!"

You have a panicked look to sonar who was in full fight.
"BLAIR! COME GET MEL" you screamed gently setting her down and running towards the fight. Then you saw it. It happened so quickly. Before your eyes you watched at sonar was slashed in the side by ray. Three blades rested in his palm.

You ran as sonar hit the ground. Then you heard a scream.

You turned quickly to see Mel awake. Her face pale and tear streaked her eyes still slightly white.

Then ray laughed