chapter 37- holding on.

With preparations for the cultural festival in full swing you were all of a sudden swarmed with work. all of the stuff with ray, the bakery, Mel, and then eri was a lot to handle. ray was in ua's custody for questioning and every time you went in there it was the same.

you walked into the room with the glaring at the man with teal hair. you had done a few DNA tests to see if you could find anyone family that might be able to get him to talk. the results were clutched in your hands. you wanted to read them in front of him.

"good afternoon you sicko." you greeted as you sat down.  he nodded lightly.

"i see you have the DNA tests...get to it hero." he stared into your eyes. his grey eyes were chilling.

your hands tightened around the folder. you opened the folder pulling out some papers. you read down the list. "looks like you've killed most of your family members, haven't you?"

He gave you a small nonchalant shrug the corner of his mouth lifting into a smirk. you eyes skimmed down the page when you saw it. the only alive on the whole page . your blood boiled.

"You gotta be fucking kidding. there's no way!" you hissed slamming the paper onto the table.

"ah i guess you saw my little Mel's name finally. yeah that's why i'm here." he chuckled leaning his head back.

you grabbed him by the collar of his jacket. "shut up! your going to talk right now or i swear to god ill kill you!"

he looked out of the corner of his eye and smirked. "i dont think you have the authority for that." 

your felt tears burning your eyes you wrapped your hands around his throat. "WHERE IS SHE!" your scream echoed in the room.  through a choked sputter he spoke. "that doesnt matter...youre going to get much more startling news soon....like did you know kurogi was captured?"

you felt arms wrap around you and tug you off. it felt like a wave of calm washed over you. you sat on the floor as mel walked past you and sat in the chair. "youre not my dad...youre awful." mels voice was cold.

ray looked ashammed he looked down all that was visible was his mouth. he was frowning. "i know mel...i was a terrible father but...."

he paused and as he spoke his moth twisted into a grin. " but atleast im still alive." and soon he was cackling like a mad man.

Mel paused her face contorted in rage. She ran out of the room swiftly.

Mic walked in quickly. "Alright I'll take over from here. Y/n go get mel."

You nodded before going after the girl. You found her curled up into a ball in the hall aizawa next to her speaking quietly.

You took a spot next to her. "I'm sorry mel..." your voice was soft.

"It's fine....I think....i think I'm ready to move on. I was hopping if I went jn there I could resolve everything....that he'd explain why he left but....no." she explained softly.

Soon time passed and it was a few months later. A lot had happened. The cultural festival. Hitoshi got to try out for the hero course and in a remote city the league had attacked.

You were in the middle of class when your phone rang. You quickly checked to see it was nezu.

You silenced your class and put the phone to your ear.

"Y/n there has been a...Development and I need you to take a trip with hizashi and aizawa." He told you calmly.

"What about my class?" You asked quickly.

"Vlad will be taking over since they are his homeroom." Nezu replied.

"Oh alright I guess I'll be there soon." You answered before hanging up and quickly gathering your stuff.

You met aizawa at a car near the gates. "What's going on?" You asked quickly.

"It has to do with the nomus....I think it's best if I let gran torino brief you..." aizawa told you gently. You could tell the man was on edge. You yourself felt your stress levels rising.

You sat in the back while mic and aizawa quietly argued. You fiddled with the gauntlets of your hero coustume.

It felt like ages before you finally got to the prison. You walked with mic and aizawa.

The detective and gran torino started explaining. They started with what a nomu was then started talking about quirks can be put together and altered.

You looked at the floor.

"What we're saying is.....kuroguri is shirakumo."

Your heart stopped. You felt like you were frozen. You couldn't breath. He knew. Ray knew.

Some one pulled you along as the group moved again. Your feet were moving but you couldn't focus. Everything was a blur.  Voices were muffled. It was horrible.

Soon you were sitting at a desk. The purple wisp of a man behind glass in front of you. It all made sense now.

You stared heartbrokenly forward. Mic was talking to him.

Your eyes burned. You stared quietly. You could tell they were talking about you but you didn't know what.

You struggled for a minute to find your voice.

"O-oboro....I still remember when you'd constantly steal my erasers. They were always in dorky shapes and so you'd tease me....and I...I would chase you through the halls trying to get them back...you still have one of my panda erasers.....or I think you do...."

You voice was soft as it filled the room. Aizawa then took his turn to talk. You stared at the floor tears rolling off your cheeks.

"Who did this to you!" Shota yelled.

You looked up to see the mist dissapaiting to reveal a face. Oboro's face.

"OBORO PLEASE!" you shouted your voice pleading.

Aizawa slammed his hand onto the glass. You stood back trying to hold yourself together.

He said a single word before passing out and returning to his original form.

You stared eyes burning.

What was this.