chapter 36: clouded vision

You ran through the hall shouting at the male in front of you.

"Oboro give it back right now or I'll tell hizashi and he'll get the scary kid again."

Oboro held up the small cat shaped eraser waving it in your face. "Do you mean shota?  Cause like as terrifying as that sounds I think I'll be fine."

You lunged trying to grab the eraser before tumbling onto the ground. You groaned glaring at the now laughing male.

Suddenly the scene changed. You felt water pouring onto your skin and you were trying to lunge foreward again. Piercing shrieks leaving your mouth.

"Y/n stop I can't hold you for long. It's dangerous. "

You weren't listening though you broke through his arms sprinting as fast as you could. You saw the corpse in front of you. You fell onto your knees. The white fluffy hair taunting you. Your eyes locked onto a small item. One small cat shaped eraser.

One final scream left your mouth as you buried your face into your hands. You felt like you were lightly being shaked.

You jolted up eyes darting around the room. Two hands grabbed you face and made you focus on a face in front of you. The tired eyes and scruffy facial  hair immediately snapped you back to reality.

"he....he was right there.....i....couldn't do anything." You mumbled frantically.

"......who?" He asked quietly while gently wiping tear off your cheeks.

"O-oboro....." you whispered more tear falling off your cheeks.

Shota went rigid. His face looked pained as he quickly smothered you in a hug. He didn't say a word. You knew he couldn't say a word.

In the morning you noticed shota had already disappeared but the coffee hadn't been started so you decided to make some and pour him a mug.

As you were pouring his cup he gently came up beside you. "Um....I've always wanted to give this back to you....but I haven't been able to....hizashi pulled you away and so I picked it up." His voice was soft and wavering.

He placed a small item in your palm. You looked at it in shock. A small little cat shaped eraser was now in the palm of your hand.

You stared in shock at the small item disbelief streaked across your face.

"I'm sorry I took so long." He muttered setting his chin on your shoulder.

You smiled softly. "Its okay sho. This is the best gift I could've ever gotten."

Tears gently flowed down your cheeks. "I'm gonna go check on Mel before classes. Thank you so much sho."

He planted a kiss on your cheek. "Don't mention darling."

You soon made your way to mel's dorm.

You lightly tapped the door and she opened it swiftly. "You look like shit." She blurted stepping out of the way to let you in.

"Well you must be feeling better." You responded coming in.

"A bit...." She admitted. She was already dressed in ua garb with the small personal touch of a frayed purple bandana.

"Well that's good. I just wanted to check in on you...."

She shot you a look. "Let me guess....you're the one who got custody so now you wanna create a bond with me huh?" Well look that's not how it's work. I'm not gonna become apart of your....your little family. So give up."

You sighed digging a small object out of your pocket. "Mel...you don't have to....I just want you to know that I exist I'd yoy do decide you want that. I know it's hard to loose so many people...really I do but don't shut out the new ones...because on day you might actually find some one."

Your face was twisted in pain as you handed her the one thing you had left. A small cat shaped eraser.

"My friend gave me this my first day at ua....he stole it later and I didn't get it back till just now.....I hope it makes today easy for you." You told her gently.

She stated at it for a second before turning away silently. You sighed but left the room. You knew this would take time.

The rest of the day went on smoothly. The students were told about the cutural festival.

They were immediately buzzing about what they wanted to do.

It made you smile softly. Though you still had this nagging feeling in the back of your head. 

But what was it.