1

When The Lights go Out

Beyoncé: Where's the money Jim?

Beyoncé asked calmly with her right brow raised up, while her men rummaged through the guys house. Beyoncé was in the drug dealing business, although she never tried drugs she did notice it was a huge trend in the community, so she figured why not profit off of it.

Jim: Yoncé I swear I ain't got it here

He said shimmying back as fast as he was able to being tied up with ropes.

Beyoncé: So where do you have it?

Jim was stuck for words and Beyoncé was getting more and more impatient. She rolled her eyes feeling her breathing get harder feeling her anger quickly escalate until she pulled out her gun.

Jim: No please!! no!!

Beyoncé: Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot your ass.

JIM: Please!! I got kids!!!

Beyoncé: oop well guess they gon' be some unlucky motherfuckers

She said unbothered before shooting him in the centre of his face and again in his chest. One of the men came up to Beyoncé and gave her a handful of credit cards. She stashed them in her waist bag and ordered them to follow her out. They got in the SUV and pulled off.

*******

Niya: Mommy!!!

Nicki: I'm coming Niya you have to be patient

Nicki said as calmly as she could. Niya was waiting on her bath while Nicki was helping her other daughter, Nicole finish getting her clothes on.

Nicole: Mommy, do we have to sleep out again?

Nicole asked giving her mother a pouty face. The twins were aware their mother was going out every night and they knew it was for work, but they never knew what type of work specifically and Nicki planned to keep it that way.

Nicki: You don't like sleeping at grandma's?

Nicole: I do, it's just I wanna have a sleep over with you mommy.

Nicki: I know baby and we will sometime okay? Just not tonight.

Nicole: Okay mommy

She said understandingly, making Nicki kiss her cheek, grateful she didn't question her any further.

Nicki: Alright can you get everything you need in your backpack please, while I go bathe your sister?

Nicole: yep!

Nicki: Thanks baby

She said as she got up to go back to the bathroom where Niya was waiting, sat in the bath ready.

Nicki: Alright, let's get you bathed and changed then we can head out.

Niya: Why do we have to go?

Niya said slightly sad. Nicki sighed hearing the questions again.

Nicki: So I can go to work, trying to make sure you and your sister have the best birthday ever.

She said as she began to bathe Niya. The twins were 5, about to have their 6th birthday soon and Nicki wanted them to have the best birthday ever so she was trying to earn as much as she could to get them everything they wanted. She also wanted to set up bank accounts for them to save for when they go to college, so she knew they were gonna be set for life, but as of right now, life in New York wasn't easy and it was expensive, which isn't the best mix for a single mother with twin girls.