30

B: Nicki!

Beyoncé shouted as she went after her angry fiancé. When she finally caught up to her she grabbed her hand and turned her around but Nicki snatched her hand away.

N: what Beyoncé! You said what you said!

B: but you're taking it the wrong way

N: what other way could I possibly take it?! You just said I'm difficult-

B: I said was

Nicki sucked her teeth and stormed off again

N: well if I'm that difficult for you go and marry a hoe that doesn't have standards

B: baby you're taking it-

N: leave me the fuck alone!!!

She said walking down the stairs. Beyoncé sighed and went back in her bedroom.

Nicki and Beyoncé were talking about how they met and what they were feeling in the early days. To Onika she got the impression that Beyoncé felt she was so difficult to please and she was just going on and on and eventually Nicki blew up at her taking her comments to heart. It hurt to know Beyoncé thought she was difficult, she felt like she wasn't in Beyoncé's league or she was too good for Nicki, it made her feel really out of place.

Beyoncé decided to give Nicki some to herself to calm down while trying to see where she went wrong in the conversation. She was telling the truth, she did think Nicki was difficult to get with but that's the thing that made her more desirable. She was glad the girls were at school so they couldn't hear this. She heard Bryson's cries from the baby monitor so she went to go check on him.

She went into his nursery and picked up her crying son and rocked him while stroking his head.

B: you upset me and mama fought?

His cries started to lessen as he got comfortable in his mother's arms.

B: me too

She sighed....

************
THAT EVENING

Everyone was sat at the table eating their dinner but no one has said a word yet. Nicole noticed her parents haven't even looked at each other, at least not nicely anyways.

Nicole: is everything okay?

She just asked wanting the tension to be over.

B: of course

Nicole: then why aren't you and mama talking?

Nicki: Nicole eat your food please

Nicole: I just wanna know because-

Nicki: Nicole!

Nicki shouted which shocked everyone especially Nicole. She wasn't really the shouter. Nicole never said anything and only looked at her dinner.

A few more minutes of silence before Nicole just suddenly got up from the table as the tears began to pour out of her eyes.

B: baby

She said softly as she grabbed her hand gently but Nicole pulled it away and shook her head.

Nicole: I wanna be alone

She said trying not to sound like she was already crying with the last of her strength. Beyoncé let her go upstairs and sighed and went back to eating her dinner.

Nicki felt terrible, she never liked to shout at her children, she was just in her own head too much thinking about the situation over and over. She just needed a break...