22

Judge: so miss knowles you are here wanting custody of your three year old daughter heaven is that correct?

The judge asked as she read off the paper that outlined the case before looking up at Beyoncé.

B: yes your honour

Judge: can heaven give us a little wave so we know she's here?

She asked with a smile making heaven smile a little and shyly wave to her while she sat in Nicki's lap with her arms around heaven.

J: thank you... okay miss knowles, heaven's mother Jenay Johnson was recently arrested for possession of drugs at her home this alone proves she is unfit to be a parent to heaven, did you know anything about this beforehand?

B: when I met Jenay she used to only smoke at least to my knowledge. When we went our separate ways I wasn't involved with her at all except for when she confronted me about me having a daughter. So I knew she smoked but nothing else your honour.

The judge nodded.

Judge: okay well obviously it wasn't your fault for not protecting heaven at the time you didn't know you were a mother when you went separate ways... miss johnson didn't seem fit to represent herself today so we granted her a lawyer to represent her. Mr Charles you have the floor.

She said granting the lawyers to stand up which he did while Jenay sat there looking down.

Mc: thank you your honour. I wish to ask the claimant to take the stand

Beyoncé went to the stand and did the oath before stepping up. When she was stood in front of everybody she got ready for anything and everything.

Mc: miss knowles you mentioned how miss Johnson used to smoke when you both were in a relationship years ago, correct?

B: yes

Mc: could you tell us what your profession was at that time? what industry you were in? and how long you stayed in it?

Beyoncé knew what he was doing. this was gonna be the hardest part but she was ready.

b: jenay introduced me to the drug industry... she had a couple of friends in the industry which then i became friends with as i worked in the industry-

mc: as what?

b:...

Beyoncé felt the shame rise in her as the twins and heaven watched. even though she knew the girls wouldn't really know what a drug dealer is at their age she didn't want them to grow up to not love her anymore.

b:... a drug dealer... i gave it up 4 months ago.

they were slight gasps in the crowd and Beyoncé saw the smirk on jenay's face as she continued to look down.

mc: right so as you are stating that miss johnson is an unfit parent i think it's safe to say that you yourself are an unfit parent

he said snarlingly until the judge cut him off.

judge: mr charles keep in mind this is court

mc: sorry your honour. that's all my questions.

judge: you may return to your seat.

the lawyer walked back to the table. beyoncé looked at her girls and Nicki gave her a reassuring smile but bey could only sadly smile back. she didn't know what was gonna happen from here.

judge: okay miss knowles' lawyer you now have the floor

mr smith: thank you your honour. miss knowles as you stated you were involved in the drug dealing business due to miss johnson's influence. now with that said can you explain the situation that caused you to take heaven from miss johnson's house into your home?