26

Nicki's POV

I stood in front of the mirror with my now huge stomach. I was due any day now and I'm kind of nervous but not really since my first time giving birth was to twins, which they say is worse obviously. I decided to not get a scan of my baby again because I just wanted to know the gender after I give birth. Beyoncé wasn't happy about that but she was just being a baby because she wants a boy so bad. I don't really mind what gender my baby is I just want them healthy, which is why I've kept the nursery neutral colours.

all of a sudden I get a contraction making me hiss and hold my stomach. I definitely don't miss these, I hope the baby doesn't want to come today because the kids are at school and Beyoncé is at a meeting. I decided to text her just to let her know.

N: Hey baby I'm having some contractions now. I dont know if the baby will come today but they really hurt😭

I didn't expect her to text back so fast but she did.

B: omg🤭 I'll be home as soon as I can baby I'll call you in a bit.

N: Okay

As I put my phone down another contraction came and this one had to be the worst.

N: Fuck!

I groaned bending down some to try and ease the pain. I started to breath deeply like they taught me in the classes. I was able to stand back up again but then I felt a liquid go down my legs.

N: Really? you wanna come now out of all days?

I said to my baby as I slowly waddled to the nursery to get the baby bag. I went downstairs trying not to fall as another contraction hit me and this one was no joke.

N: Ahhhhh!!!!

I screamed in pain. I panted for breath and regained my control as I finished walking down the stairs. I checked my phone to see Beyoncé hadn't called me again, I texted her but she didn't see it quick enough. I panicked and just got the car keys and opened the door to see that it was pouring down with rain.

N: Fucking great

I said before stepping out. I locked the door and steadily made my way to the car. I got in and got my breath together before pulling off. Sometime later I must've been halfway there to the hospital when Beyoncé finally called me. I accepted it and put her on speaker as I continued driving.

B: Babe everything okay? I'm coming home now

N: Meet me at the hospital

I said as I felt another contraction but made myself not react as much to not lose control of the car. I grioped the steering wheel so hard I could've ripped it off.

B: What do you mean meet you there? who's taking you?

N: I'm driving there now

B: What?! Nicki you can't-

N: Beyoncé just meet me at the hospital. I've did this before I can do it again. Just meet me there please

B: ... Alright baby... please be safe

N: I will just hurry

B: Alright

She stayed on the phone with me but I could sense she was upset, I think it was because I mentioned I had to do this before. It was sad I had no one to take me to the hospital but desperate times call for desperate measures. When I finally made it I parked right in front not caring if I get a ticket, I have bigger things to handle at this point.

N: Okay baby I'm here. I'm gonna check in, I dont think I can wait

B: Its alright baby, I'm like 5 minutes away now