23

Doctor:and there's your baby, little early to tell the gender now but it seems to be fine

N: what do you mean seems to be? Is there a way we can know for definite?

Nicki asked in a worried tone. The anxiety she was experiencing had increased despite the help Beyoncé was giving her. She tried meditating with her, going to a therapy session but nothing seemed to have worked.

Doctor: as long as the baby shows up on the scanner everything should be fine ma'am. Your baby is a good size for how long you are now so everything should be fine I wouldn't stress.

She said turning the monitor off and taking it out the room.

N: easier said than done

She said once she had left. Beyoncé wiped the gel off of Nicki's growing bump before helping her off of the table. They went to sit down in front of the doctors desk as she walked back in.

Doctor: okay so that is your ultrasound picture

She said handing her a file and typing some information in on her computer.

Doctor: would you like to express any concerns your having? Any pain or worries ma'am?

N: umm I have been feeling anxious these past 2 weeks

Doctor: I mean it's very common to be anxious about how your baby is doing and how things are going to be after the birth, you just want everything to be perfect which is understandable but honestly I wouldn't worry about that. Just enjoy the pregnancy and embrace it as much as you can. If you do want to do some type of therapy I do recommend parenting group sessions we do have some going on at this hospital.

B: what happens in the parenting group sessions?

Doctor: well it involves parents to be and parents who have had kids before and you just talk about anything that may be bothering you or some worries that you have and you get the best of both worlds because you get to relate to people who may be feeling the same as you and you can get answers from people who have been where you are before. Here's a brochure on it and if you guys wanna take part then just go the next session it's completely free.

B: thank you so much

Doctor: my pleasure

They said their goodbyes and they walked out the hospital.

B: what do you think about the sessions?

N:... I don't know B. I don't think I'd wanna tell strangers my problems

B: but baby these will be people who are feeling the same as you and some can even give you advice-

N: I don't need no advice Beyoncé I've been pregnant before

She snapped. Beyoncé didn't say anything more about it. They got in the car and buckled themselves up before Beyoncé pulled off.

B: you want any food before-

N: just drive

Beyoncé stopped the car and looked at Nicki.

B: Nicki don't disrespect me just because im trying to help. I get it you're sick and tired of feeling like this-

N: you don't get it because you're not the one carrying a baby

She said slightly raising her voice

B: I know that so why do you think I want us to go to the group sessions? So you can relate to people who do get it but you're so hard headed you can't even see that.