14

Hurdle

Beyoncé's mind crashed, she had to close her eyes shake her head and open them back up again.

B: excuse me?

J: you have a 3 year old daughter, her name is heaven. And she wants to meet you

B: jenay is this some kind of joke

J: why would I joke about something like that?

N: because you played a lot in the past

Nicki said but she couldn't hear her under the music so she didn't notice.

J: look I just wanna know if you wanna meet her or not. Here's a picture

She said showing them a little girl with black curly hair with a strong arched brow. Her lips and nose gave it away that she was Beyoncé's child. She basically looked just like her.

B: she's beautiful... but I'm gonna need a DNA test done before I do anything

Jenay rolled her eyes which set Nicki off

N: well maybe if you didn't cheated with every person you saw she wouldn't have doubts it's hers

Jenay: that 'it' has a name

She said with a definite attitude

N: bitch step to me I dare you

She said but Beyoncé quickly pulled her back a bit letting her not get too ahead of herself.

J: I don't know who she is but if you want a test done we can have it done no problem.

B: don't be disrespecting my girl. And I will send for the tests

Jenay shrugged

J: fine with me. Okay that's all I wanted to tell you

And with that they walked away but Beyoncé couldn't get it out of her mind, she had a daughter and for 3 years she didn't know?!

N: I wanna leave

She heard Nicki say, her face was somber and Beyoncé felt so bad. She nodded and guided her outside the club and they went to the car as she texted kelly they were leaving early.

When they got in it was silence. Neither of them could find words which made it awkward.

HOME

The drive home was silent and when they opened the door carol was cleaning up in the kitchen but came out to greet them.

C: you guys are home early

They didn't respond but carol could see something clearly happened.

N: I'm going to bed, thanks for watching them mama

She said giving her a kiss before leaving to go up the stairs. When they heard a door close from upstairs carol spoke up.

C: what happened?

Beyoncé sighed feeling like she was about to lose everything Nicki and her had built.

B: I...

Suddenly Beyoncé broke down and she immediately felt carols arms around her making Beyoncé's face lay in her neck.

C: calm down baby. Let's sit down

She said in a soothing tone as she guided them to the living room. They sat next to each other and carol held Beyoncé's hands to make her feel better.

C: what's wrong baby? You can talk to me

Beyoncé sniffled a little and took a deep breath before answering