Chapter 6

The next weeks were peaceful.

One morning Clari decided to go for a morning run before she goes to work to clear her head out.

She got ready and went out running while listening to music and thinking and she didn't noticed that she ran right past Diego.

- Clari?! - he gasped when he recognised her and decided to run after her.

When he finally got to her and Clari noticed him too they both stopped.

- Diego... - she panted but smiled - Were you out for a run as well?

- Yes, actually... Then I stopped for a moment and you ran past me - he smiled.

- Hehe I see - she giggled - Care to join me?

- Sure! Only if I don't bother you though.

- No, of course you're not bothering me! I can always appreciate some company.

- Alright. Then let's go!

And they continued running together.

A few hours later they met again at the shooting. They started working and everything went fine, but one thing bothered Clari: That Carla grew a bit too close to Diego while working together which was good for her character too so no one really noticed that, apart from Tini and Lodo.

- Come on, Clari! Tell us already what's the matter! - Tini demanded.

- Do you know anything about Carla? - Clari finally asked, still staring at the happily talking Diego and Carla.

- Huh? What do you mean? - questioned Tini

- Relationships... family... and stuff like that...

- Hey! Aren't you just jealous?! - grinned Lodo.

- W-What?? N-No, I'm not! - Clari shaked her head.

- Yes, you are! - said both Lodo and Tini.

- Okaaay! I guess a little... It's probably because of out characters are getting.... away... and...

Then...

- Even if Angie and German are keep arguing...You and me will never do that.... I could never make you sad...

It was Diego who came behind her and kissed her head gently.

- Awww!! - Tini and Lodo said at the same time.

Clari just blushed deep red and smiled.

Then next day Diego didn't go to work and no one knew why and when anyone called him he didn't pick up, just the voicemail.

Clari left him a messaged too and she got the text back which said to not to worry about him.

And the next few days were passing by like that and the director got annoyed.

- If this is going this way for the next day too I'm gonna have to find another German Castillo! - he said angrily.

- No! - screamed Tini.

- We can't continue without him! - said Alfredo.

- We'll have no choice if he....

- Let me talk to him! - begged Clari - Maybe I can make him come back, just give me some time!

- Alright, Clara - nodded the director - You have my hope... Make him talk...

She nodded and as soon as they got a longer break she tried to talk to him but before that Carla came up to her.

- Tell him that everyone misses him... - she said - I miss him though....

- Yeah, sure... - Clari groaned.

Carla nodded happily then left. Clari sighed deeply then started calling Diego.

It was ringing for long minutes now and she was about to give up when he finally took it.

- You're not giving up, are you? - he said.

- Diego, thank god! - Clari sighed deeply in relief - What's up with you? Why aren't you picking up the phone??

- I... have my own reason...- he muttered. His voice was shaking.

- The director is about to fire you!

- I don't care...

- Diego! Why...? You love this job... Why...

He hesitated a bit then said:

- Come to the city hospital when you're done with work... there I'll tell you why am I not coming...

- Jesus!

- Easy... I'm fine.

- That's a relief... I'll be done in an hour and I'll go there right after that!

- Alright, see you then.

An hour later Clari went to the hospital where her friend Helen was working as a nurse too. She went looking around on the corridors when she suddenly stopped in front of an open door.

There was he. Diego was sitting there, next to the bed and holding an old lady's hand who was lieing on the bed, weak. Helen was inside too and when she noticed Clari at the door she went out to greet her.

- What's... happening...? - Clari questioned confused.

- You better ask him about it... - said Helen then left.

After that Clari knocked and Diego looked up at her.

- Hi... - he said. His voice was weak and his eyes were red. She could tell he was crying.

- Hi... - said Clari - I'm here... as I said...

- Yes... Thank you for that... - he smiled then turned back to the lady in the bed. He whispered something, kissed her hand then walked out of the room to Clari. They sat down.

- What are you doing? You scared us! You didn't pick up the phone to anyone and you hardly pick it up for me! I was worried about you... - she said, looking down.

Diego couldn't help but smile while listening her then placed his hand under her chin and lifted her head up to look into her eyes.

- I'm sorry... I didn't mean to scare you... - he smiled softly.

- It's okay... - she smiled back - But why are you here? I thought something happened to you... then I see you here with...

Diego sighed painfully.

- Diego... Tell me... - she touched his cheek.

He gently squeezed her hand with both hands.

- The woman in the room... She's my mother... - he finally said, his voice was shaking again.

- Your mother...?

- Yes... She got a massive heart attack a few days ago and since then she's in deep coma...

Friendship turns to love (A Dielari R. fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें