Chapter 3:

Kjayy

"Not the time I called you damn near a hundred times."

Chanel's words continued to play over and over in my head. I remember that day that was the day I had to admit my faults to her, the day I lost her.

I remember her calling my phone over and over but ignoring them all because I got news that was gonna make me lose her and I did.

I never did find out why she called me so many times.

It's been a week since I seen Chanel and today's our trip to the beach and I know she'll be there.

"Dad!" My four year old son Jaden cheered as the door was opened.

"What's up little man?" I ask picking him up and walking away. I know his dumbass mom didn't pack him a bag so I had him one packed in the car.

"Kjayy, you got my fucking money!?" Tiffany shouted from the doorway.

"Shut the fuck up!" I snap after I strap my little man in and shut the door.

If it wasn't for Jaden looking just like me and DNA I would question if he was mine. Tiffany is a hoe that just wants my money.

*

When we got to the beach everybody was already there. I changed Jaden into his trunks. We took our shirts off and headed to where everybody was at.

"Dad, is that Chanel?" Jaden asked.

I chuckled as I nodded. He knew who she was because I still have pictures of her and us in my phone. "Go say hi." I said and he took off running.

I watched Chanel. She had a bright yellow bikini on, damn. She know what bright colors against her caramel skin does to me. I licked my lips looking at her back dimples. I remember having my thumbs pressed in them while I had her bent-

SMACK.

"Get ya mind outta the gutter nigga." My dad said laughing.

"Damn dad." I said rubbing my head.

*

Chanel

"Hi, Chanel." I turn around and look down at the little kid voice. I gasp at how much he looks like Kjayy.

"Hey cutie." I said bending down to his level. "What's your name?" Even though he was created during our time I would never take my hurting out on an innocent child.

"Jaden." I swallowed hearing his name. Is it a coincidence that my name is Chanel Jade.

"Really Jay man I thought I was ya favorite you never suppose to go to anybody but me first." Karma said grabbing him and throwing him in the air.

I smiled watching them. Then I turn and see their mom with her hands on her hips looking at me.

"Hey mama." I said.

"Girl I swear you lucky I love you because I'm mad you ain't been around." I nodded sadly. "Come on we gonna eat first. Plus we gotta talk."

We all sat down as food was handed out. Jaden came and sat near me. He ain't even know me longer than five minutes and he up under me. I love little kids so it was coo with me.

"Damn, Jaden, that's how you feel? It's coo, I use to be all up on her too." Kjayy said.

"So Chanel," Momma started.

"Uh-oh she about to put me on the spot." I said.

"Sure is. I wanna know why you went away for college when you had decided to stay. I know Kjayy's hoe came up pregnant and had my sweet grandbaby. Which I still feel some type of way about since I got made a grandma so young." She said flipping her hair making me laugh. "But I feel like there is more to the story."

"I didn't have a reason to stay anymore. I didn't have parents who cared about me and the one person that did hurt me. Yeah I had y'all but I was hurt then, I was heartbroken, and just wanted to get away." I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Just like you said there is more to the story. More I'm just not ready to share yet."