Chapter 26:

Kjayy

"Dad leave Karma alone." I said laughing as he kept bothering her about Bc.

"I'll beat you and Bc the fuck up nigga." My dad said jumping at her.

"Bye petty asses." She said heading to the back of my tat shop where my mom and Chanel were. "I'm grown!" She yelled over her shoulder.

Me and Kaine started cracking up as dad moved like he was gonna go after her as she ran off calling for mom. He hates when she says she's grown.

The bell rung signaling somebody walked into the shop. I chuckled shaking my head as I turned around.

"What can I-" I stopped when I seen who it was.

"Can ya pops get a free tat?" Kordell said standing before me with a lady, a little girl and a dude who looked a little younger than me.

"My pops already got a couple tats done by me." I said as my dad and Kaine came and stood by my side.

"Yo fuck we here for if he don't wanna know us?" The boy snapped.

"Same shit I wanna know." I added.

"They all look alike." The lady mumbled looking between Kaine, dad, and I.

"No the fuck he doesn't!" Kordell snaps. "He's a Jones!"

I chuckled not even responding. "Fuck out my shop dawg." I turned around heading back to my appointment book where Chanel now stood.

A little later after they left the lady came back in with the little girl.

"Um, I was thinking maybe we could all meet for lunch one day to talk, without Kordell. I'm Nena." I just stared at the lady.

"I'm Chanel, Kjayy's girlfriend. I'll take ya number and we can set something up." I looked at Chanel like she was crazy as she exchanged numbers with this lady.

"Fuck was that Chanel?" I snapped.

"They ain't did shit to you. You can at least be nice to them, meet them, and get to know them a little. Then do what you want."

"No." I said simply as I continued drawing a sketch.

"Kody." She said sliding into my lap. "For me?"

"Man, I'll think about it." I sighed. "I'ma only go if everybody come with me." I said looking up at dad and Kaine.

"Yeah right. I ain't coming because if that nigga show up or disrespect any of my kids or even look at my fuckin wife I'ma put a hot one in his chest."

"I expected that." I nodded.

"Shit I'ma come. You know if you want me to slump anybody's shit I got you my brother." I chuckled pounding my fist against Kaine's.

I looked at Chanel. "So you my girlfriend now?" I most definitely caught that.

She stared at me for awhile trying to stop her smile that was forming before getting up and walking away making me chuckle.

*

"You coo?" I ask Chanel as we walked into apple bees where we were meeting Nena. Chanel looked sick as we walked in.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded as we walked to the table where Karma, Brandon, and Kaine sat.

We all exchanged what's up, but Karma didn't say anything.

"Karma."

"What?" She snapped.

"Who the fuck you snapping at?" I ask leaning up. "Fuck wrong with you?" She just folded her arms over her chest not saying anything.