Chapter 38:

Chanel

"Wanna meet me and Shelly at the mall to do some more baby shopping?" I ask Karma over the phone as I park outside of the mall with Shelly in the passengers seat.

"No, I don't feel good." She said sounding all down.

"Awh, where's Brandon?"

"Right here laid all up on me sleep. He ain't no help."

"He a mess. Call me if you need me. Feel better."

"Kay, lub you boo."

I laughed. "You are so childish. Love you too."

*

"What the hell?" I said as I called Kjayy again and he didn't answer.

"Bitch how you run out of gas? Now we stuck out here."

"Bitch I got pregnancy brain." I said as I tried to call Kjayy again and he still didn't answer.

I look up seeing Kaine's black bentley speeding towards us.

"Get in!"

"What's wrong? Where is Kjayy?" I ask panicking as we both hurried and got into the car.

"Tiffany, Troy, and Jaden were in a car accident."

I gasped. "No. Are they okay?"

"We are about to find out." I sighed rubbing my stomach I was becoming so uncomfortable.

I noticed Kaine kept looking in the rear view mirror back at Shelly. I didn't have time to acknowledge it tho.

My phone rung I answered seeing it was Brandon.

"Karmen's water just broke we on the way to the hospital. Her dramatic ass already starting." He said.

"Oh hell." I said.

*

We walked into the emergency area to see Kjayy snapping at the front desk.

"I need to know something about my son. Jaden King, five years old. Look it the fuck up lady!" He snapped throwing the clip board.

"Kody." I mumble grabbing his arms stopping him.

"My son Chanel, my fuckin son." He mumbles looking down at me with panic and worry in his eyes making my eyes burn even more with tears that I tried the whole ride here to keep in.

"Austin!" I call to him as I see him passing.

He looks over coming towards us. "Jaden King." I say. He looks between us all then nods for us to follow.

"Dad?" He asks Kjayy who answers by nodding.

"The car hit them from the side he and his mother were on. They didn't get hurt as bad as they could have. He hit his head, we stitched the cut up, and wrapped it. We are keeping him up because he hit his head hard and has a concussion. His arm is also broken. Now usually we'll just be able to fix and cast it, but since his arm is severely broken and in more than one place we would like to do surgery to fix it. We gave him medicine for pain that is helping him deal." We nodded following him into the room where Jaden was.

"No, buddy you can't go to sleep." A nurse said as his head started to drift.

"Jaden." Kjayy went over hugging him causing Jaden to yell in pain as he started crying. "Oh shit! Sorry mans." He said getting him to calm down. "When can he get this surgery?"

"Early tomorrow morning." Kjayy nodded.

"What about his mom and the man with them?" I asked.

"They are hurt too, but just like Jaden they are gonna be fine."

"Her baby?" I ask.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Doctor-patient confidentiality Chanel."

I nodded. Kjayy thanked him before he left.

"Aye you're Kaine's girl." Kjayy said pointing to Shelly. "What are you doing here?"

"What? That is Shelly. The hell are you talking about Kjayy?" I ask looking at him like he's crazy.

"Nah, this is the same girl I was telling you about awhile ago from the tattoo shop."

I looked at Shelly. "Bitch you got a lot of explaining to do."

No wonder Kaine acted weird anytime I mentioned her name.

"Somebody better call mom y'all know if she hear about this last she gonna be snapping." Kjayy said.

"Oh shit, yeah and Karma's in labor." Kaine said pulling out his phone.

"Perfect timing." He sighed shaking his head.