Chapter 21:

Kjayy

"Baby sis!" I said to my sister as I walked into my mom's shop.

"Hey Ko'."

"Where ya nigga at?"

She scuffed making me chuckle. "I'm the fuck single, so I have no idea who you mean."

"Well tell ya so called bestfriend Bc to hit my line."

"Whatever, get out my face." She said flagging me off. "My future niece's mom is in the back with mom."

"Chill, I ain't making no girls." I shook my head walking to the back.

"Chanel baby you need to talk to Kody about how you are feeling." I overheard my mom's voice as I neared the door. I scrunched up my face up stopping short to listen.

"I just," She sniffles. "I'm scared. Kody wants more kids and what if something is wrong after the miscarriage that I can't have a baby. I'm so scared that I avoided going and getting checked. And say I do get pregnant what if I lose my second baby? I will fucking lose it. I don't think I can do this, I don't think I can be what Kody wants if I can't have kids."

"First off stop thinking about what if's. Talk to Kody, then make an appointment to go to it together. And trust love I know my son, he's not going anywhere. You're more than the one for him. Now give me a hug before you go and wipe ya eyes. You better go talk to that son of mine."

I stood in the doorway watching them embrace each other.

"I love you mama."

"I love you too baby. You know you my second daughter and I'm here to talk whenever."

Chanel wiped her eyed before turning and bumping into me. I gripped her hips. She looked shocked at first but then sadness crossed her eyes before her eyes drifted to the floor.

"Aye." I said making her lift her eyes looking back to mine. "Ma let me talk to Chanel real quick." She nodded before walking out.

We stared at each other for awhile.

"Why the fuck you act like you scared to talk to me about shit?"

"I'm- it's just," She sighs. "You know, I don't know how to express myself to you out loud because I'll start crying and I hate crying. And you can't handle me crying because then it'll turn into us- you know. Without even talking."

I shook my head thinking back to when we were 17 and 18 when she use to cry it didn't matter what it was about small or big it would turn into sex because I didn't like nor know how to handle her crying so that was my way, but we grown now.

"Real shit, come to me before you start talking crazy. I'm here and I ain't going nowhere. Yo lil ass ain't going nowhere. Pull ya phone out and make an appointment with ya doctor right in front of me. We gonna go together."

"Ko-"

"I'm waiting."

She mumbled something taking her phone out.

"Get ya lil ass slapped."

She stuck her middle finger up before she started talking.

"When?" I mouthed placing my hand over her through her shorts.

I kept feeling and kissing on her as she made the appointment.

"Why you always gotta play?" She asked rolling her eyes as she got off the phone.

"Shut up. When's the appointment?"

"Tomorrow morning at 10." She mumbled biting her lip.

"Chill out." I said freeing her lip from her teeth.

"But what if-"

"Ain't no what if's" I cut her off. She nods sighing.

*

"I like seeing you in my house." I said wrapping my arms around Chanel's waist. She was making tacos. "You make me some?"

"Um, no. You weren't suppose to be here until later." She said taking a bite of her taco.

"I know I gotta go back to the shop in a hour for an appointment. Now give me a fucking bite." She sucked her teeth.

"You know how I feel about my food." She said before holding it to my mouth.

"Better had fucking gave me a bite." I said after getting a bite. "That's good as fuck baby."

I pulled my phone out of my pocket as it rang. I answered it seeing it was Karma.

"What's up Kar?" I asked answering the phone as I steal another bite making Chanel snap at me.

"I'm in my car outside of the college and that man I ran into a couple days ago is a little down from mine standing there." I scrunched up my face grabbing my keys already heading towards the door signaling for Chanel to follow.

"What man?" I asked starting my car speeding off.

"I don't know. He said I look just like mom. Said Jaden looked real familiar. I forgot his name. Something dell."

I sighed, I knew who she was talking about.

"I'm on my way. Don't get out of ya car."

"But I have class in five minutes."

"Oh well, you're just gonna have to be fucking late."

....