Chapter 22...

Luke looked straight into Isobelle's eyes and replied simply, "I'm fine. Isobelle, I need to tell you something…"

Isobelle's heart dropped to the floor. She took a deep breath and motioned for him to continue. All the while she was wishing that the ground would just swallow her up.

"Isobelle, I've been thinking and there is something I need to ask you…"

'That’s it; he's breaking up with me. In front of all my friends and his brothers…' Isobelle thought almost in tears.

Luke saw the distress in her face and reached forward and took her hand. "No, please don't do this I won't be able to say what I want to." He said as a tear fell down her cheek. He wiped it away and continued. "Oh gosh, you think I'm breaking up with you. Isobelle please stop crying. I promise I'm not. I would never, ever be able to leave you Isobelle. What I want to tell you is the complete opposite of that." He moved a strand of her hair from her face and lifted her chin with his thumb making her look straight into his eyes.

"Luke please…" she stuttered, struggling not to cry.

"Isobelle, hey, Izzy. I just said I'm not breaking up with you." Luke said pulling her into a comforting hug.

He glanced over at Jai, who gave him an encouraging smile and a thumbs up as Luke stroked Isobelle's hair calming her. He pushed Isobelle away and held her at arm's length, looked into her eyes and said "Izzy, I need you to listen to me and please, don’t interrupt me I need to get this all out."

Isobelle nodded. "Go on." She said relaxing slightly into his hold.

Luke took a deep breath and began. "Isobelle, the moment I set eyes on you I fell head over heels for you. You are so beautiful and you have the most stunning personality. You make me laugh without even trying, you can cheer me up just by smiling that amazing smile and you can't even imagine how much you mean to me and honestly, I know that I will never be able to live without you." He paused and looked at Isobelle's confused face. "Over the past six months that I've known you I have never been happier. When our dad left us I immediately thought that I wouldn’t be able to be as happy again, and then I met you. I know now that as long as I have you everything will be alright. I love you Isobelle. With all my heart. I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side." He let go of Isobelle's hands, knelt down on one knee and pulled a small black box wrapped with silver and white ribbon. He pulled the ribbon off and opened the box revealing the most beautiful ring Isobelle had ever seen. "Isobelle, will you marry me?"

Isobelle gasped at the beauty of the ring that her perfect boyfriend was offering her. Isobelle looked down at him and put her hand on the side of his face, she smiled as tears started to drift down her cheeks. Luke was still gazing up at her when she said "You know what? I have the most amazing fiancé in the world." It took Luke a second to process what she had just said, and then he started to cry with Isobelle. He took her engagement ring out of the box and placed it on her finger. It was a perfect fit.

Luke kissed her hand and stood up to take her in his arms and kiss her passionately, the taste of their tears mixing with the taste of their lips. Isobelle pulled away from her fiancé and with her arms still around his neck and the biggest smiles on their faces they turned to their friends who clearly had mixed reactions.

Jai was sitting cross-legged on the floor grinning like proud father with Dakota clutching onto him wiping happy tears from her eyes, beau was leaning against the glass smiling, James was shocked and Daniel? Well Daniel had a smile like a madman plastered to his face and began to shout and sing his celebratory 'Lahme' song…

Isobelle and Luke laughed then turned to each other. "You planned this pretty well baby." Isobelle said.

"Well I knew it had to be perfect. Your favourite place, at your favourite time, and with people who love you." Luke replied kissing her gently on the corner of her mouth. Isobelle smiled and kissed him back leaving the rest of the world behind in that one kiss that meant absolutely everything…