Chapter 30...

In a panic Isobelle scurried to Luke and Jai's room to dress in something slightly more appropriate for the occasion. She chose a cute little purple sundress and purple converse. Looking in the mirror she assessed her appearance, decided that she should slick some mascara and eyeliner on, but keep her hair in the messy bun as it was.

In her excitement to leave, she almost ran into the door frame which gave her a happy memory of that first day she met Luke and made her smile thinking about how far they had come in the last year. On that day she would never have thought that in 13 months time she would be walking down the aisle towards Luke Anthony Mark Brooks. It was crazy.

On their way to the bridal store they began discussing what sort of dress Isobelle wanted. She really only had four requirements; it had to be white, sleeveless, floor length, and it had to take her breath away.

When they entered the store a middle aged woman greeted the four women with a huge smile and a joyful welcome. They were then lead to their own section of the store where there was a curtained dressing room and a perfectly white leather couch.

"So which one of you lovely ladies is the bride to be then?" the woman asked looking at Kate and Gina.

"I am." Isobelle said smirking slightly at the surprise in the shop assistants face.

"Oh, wonderful! How old are you and your fiancé then darling?" she droned, trying to hide her surprise.

"I'm 18 and Luke is turning 18 in a couple of weeks."

"How lovely!" the woman cried in over-exaggerated happiness. "My name is Stella and I will be your advisor for the day. What may I call you sweetheart?"

Isobelle inwardly rolled her eyes but said "I'm Isobelle. This is my mother Kate, my best friend and maid of honour Dakota, and my soon to be mother-in-law Gina." Each woman smiled at Stella as they were introduced waiting for the many questions that were sure to be hurled their way.

"Brilliant!" Isobelle was already beginning to get annoyed at her advisors tone of voice; she had only known her five minutes. "Now let's get down to business; what are your requirements for your dress?"

Isobelle then explained to Stella what she wanted telling her that as long as she stuck to them she would end up with the perfect dress. Then of course came the question that Isobelle had been dreading… "What is your budget?"

Just as Isobelle was about to answer her mother stepped in and said, "Nothing, she doesn’t have a budget. We will pay whatever we have to, to get her the perfect dress." Isobelle was completely shocked; she didn’t know what to say.

Luckily Stella quickly scurried off to get her measuring tape ready to fit Isobelle to her dresses, giving them time to talk. "What do you mean I don’t have a budget?!" Isobelle said shocked when she finally got her breath back.

"We mean exactly that. We will pay whatever it costs to make this wedding go exactly how you and Luke want it. So don’t try to talk us out of it." Gina said showing her mothering side that Isobelle loved so much.

When Stella returned with her tape measure she took Isobelle into the fitting room, took her measurements and then went off to find some dresses that fit he requests and her measurements.

The dresses that she brought back with her were all absolutely stunning. And they all fitted her criteria perfectly, all that was, apart from none of them truly took her breath away.

She tried on tens and tens of beautiful dresses, everything from full blown ball gowns to slinky and sensual cocktail dresses but not one of them was perfect. Isobelle just wished that Stella would bring out a dress that was just so gorgeous that fitting on all the dresses previously wasn’t a complete wasted effort.

Isobelle gave it a break for a few minutes in order for Dakota to try dresses for her role as maid of honour. It only took two dresses to find the right one for her and the rest of the bridesmaids. The first one was so completely wrong it was funny. It was short, powder pink, and sequined with a puffy skirt. It was honestly the funniest dress any of them had ever seen. But the second was absolutely perfect. It was a deep sky blue, really sleek, smooth Grecian floor length gown with beautiful smooth lines and a draped one-shoulder strap with lots of pretty folds. It was beautiful. And it went with Isobelle's colour scheme perfectly.

When Isobelle finally got round to getting back in the fitting room, she tried on three more dresses that were incredible; one had an elongated bodice with metallic, embellished embroidery with billowing tiers of Chic Organza and a tulle flare gown from the knees, a sweetheart neckline with corset closure and Swarovski crystals. It was dramatic but not what she wanted. Another which had the most beautiful beading and embroidery on the bodice but so many frills and threading on the skirt that it was just so over powering. Isobelle also fitted on what was probably the most sensual of them all, it had a very tight fitting corset that lifted her cleavage to extremes they had never been to before with a figure hugging skirt with a slit all the way up to the very top of her thigh. Even though that one was a definite no, Isobelle couldn’t help but imagine Luke's face if she walked towards him in that dress, he would not be able to control himself…

After 56 dresses and 47 pairs of shoes Isobelle was almost ready to give up. Everyone was absolutely exhausted. Then Stella came out with one last dress. It was white, floor skimming, and sleeveless. Now all that they needed was for Isobelle to fall in love with it.

Isobelle and Stella disappeared behind the curtain of the fitting room for what seemed like the fifty millionth time that day. Isobelle took off the sensual dress and slid into the new one. It fit her petite frame perfectly. Stella moved behind Isobelle to tighten the ribbon tie corset back, she pulled it tight and fastened it with ease. She then straightened out the skirt and smoothed the bodice. Isobelle turned to the mirror and gasped. It was the most beautiful dress she had ever seen, and it fit her perfectly, as if it was made for her. It was an A-line gown with soft sweetheart neckline and corset closure. It had an embellished corded lace bodice with a hint of tulle softly gracing the neckline. The skirt was also made with tulle and flowed down to the ground with such grace and elegance. It had trailing flower embellishments from the waist linking in with the bodice in perfect fairytale fashion. It had such a classic yet modern feel to it and it had the perfect balance of plain and patterned. It was truly stunning.

Stella drew the curtain and revealed Isobelle to the rest of the store with such pride. Isobelle was speechless. Dakota gasped at her beauty and Gina and Kate started crying, their hearts completely swollen with pride. Isobelle could not look away from the mirror long enough to think of anything but Luke's reaction when he saw her dress.

It was incredible the five women stood there in awe for over half an hour. Isobelle looked so breathtakingly beautiful people that were walking by on the street were stopping to stare through the window; several actually entered the store to tell Isobelle how amazing she looked. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and admired her. The dress was so perfect for her she looked like an haute couture catwalk model.

Not one of them even looked at the price tag, Gina and Kate just handed over their cards and told the cashier to split the bill.

On the way back to the Brooks household, Isobelle and Dakota couldn’t stop talking about their beautiful dresses and shoes they had. The girls had such an amazing time that day, that Isobelle forgot all her past worries and just simply could not wait until the wedding. The only thing that was bugging her was not being able to show or tell Luke about her dress until her saw her walking towards him on the day…