Chapter 33...

As the huge doors opened up to reveal the church hall, the music started to play and Isobelle's father squeezed her hand and began to walk.

Isobelle was completely transfixed by the awe and beauty of the decoration. Her mother and Gina had been left in charge of the decorations and the food and boy did they do it well. There were hundreds and hundreds of tiny little white and blue flowers draped in garlands all over the room, from around the windows to across all the seats. Each chair had a white floor skimming cover and each guest had a small length of wide blue ribbon which they had been told to write a message on for Luke and Isobelle as a small wedding favour. The altar too, was draped in tiny flowers and lengths of blue and white ribbon, it all looked incredible. As if that wasn’t perfect enough, all the guests had been given a dress code, the women were to wear blue and the men were to wear black suits. Every single person stuck to their instructions and Isobelle was almost completely overwhelmed by it all.

"You look unbelievably beautiful sweetheart." Isobelle's father whispered in her ear as they walked down in time with the music. Isobelle just smiled. She couldn’t trust herself not to cry if she opened her mouth to speak.

As they began to walk past the first few rows of guests she saw all the familiar faces of her friends and family. Some had only travelled from around Melbourne, some from around Australia and some had flown all the way from England. She saw her new friends from Penola sitting with her lifelong friends from back home. The sight of it made her heart swell. All Isobelle and Luke's family were there and in that moment; she realised how much she loved them and how truly lucky she was to have such amazing people in her life. She saw Daniel, James and Beau sitting in the front row with the main family members and she felt almost ready to cry, they were all staring back at her with huge, pride filled smiles on their faces.

The further down the aisle she and her father walked, all Isobelle could hear were the gasps of the quests as they saw how incredibly stunning she looked. Heads were turning and cameras were flashing but Isobelle didn’t notice any of it, her eyes were transfixed on the beautiful boy standing only a few feet away from her with the distance growing ever shorter as she walked towards him. He stood tall in his sleek black tuxedo with his somewhat tamed curly hair. He was standing facing away from her but she could see he was dying to turn around and catch that first glimpse of his bride. Jai, who was standing next to his brother, turned, saw Isobelle and his jaw dropped. He leaned into his brothers ear and whispered something that nobody else would ever hear, something private and between only them. At that moment Luke could not resist any longer and turned to face his fiancé. His face lit up. As their eyes met Isobelle let a tear escape her eye and Luke smiled the biggest smile he would ever be able to muster for the whole of his life.

There were no words to explain what Luke felt when he saw Isobelle. She looked like an angel, like a princess, like a goddess. The dress she had chosen was made for her. It matched her personality perfectly and it made her look so beautiful she took his breath away.

Within seconds, they were standing next to each other smiling. "You look… you look… I… you look incredible." Luke whispered to her, stumbling over his words. Isobelle just smiled, she was speechless.

The vicar picked up his book and began the ceremony.

After all the pre-vow speech Isobelle and Luke were so excited they couldn’t wait until it was time to read each other their specially written vows.

It was time.

"Isobelle, I love you. You are my best friend. Today I hope that you will agree to share your life with me. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you whenever you need. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always respect you and never let you down, today, and all the days of our life." Luke didn’t tear his eyes away from Isobelle as he recited the carefully handwritten words that were slowly binding their lives together forever.

Jai handed Luke Isobelle's wedding ring. A simple white gold band encrusted with diamonds with the word 'forever' engraved in swirly italics on the inside. He took her hand and slipped it onto her finger with ease.

"Luke, today I ask you, with all the love that I have, to be my husband, my best friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. I never have and never will love anyone as much as I love you. I promise to be there in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honour and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." As Isobelle finished her vows she shed a tear at the memory of all the time, thought and love she had put into writing those few lines of simple speech that were the most important words she would ever utter, but were over in a moment.

Luke's ring was very similar to Isobelle's. A simple white gold band, no diamonds, and with the word 'always' engraved on the inside this time. Isobelle took his strong hand in her shaking one and placed in on his finger holding his hand for a few seconds longer than necessary.

The vicar stepped forward to finish their vows. "Luke Mark Anthony Brooks, do you take Isobelle Rose Taylor to be your lawful wedded wife?"

"I do." He answered instantly.

"Do you promise to love and cherish her, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, for better and for worse, and be faithful to her, for as long as you both shall live?"

Luke smiled. "I do."

The vicar then turned to Isobelle. "Isobelle Rose Taylor, do you take Luke Mark Anthony Brooks to be your lawful wedded husband?"

"I do." She replied through her tears.

"Do you promise to love and cherish him, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, for better and for worse, and be faithful to him, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"Do you together promise in the presence of your friends and family that you will at all times and in all circumstances, conduct yourselves toward one another as becomes Husband and Wife?"

Together they respond, "We do."

"Do you together promise you will love, cherish and respect one another throughout the years?"

"We do." They say in unison.

The vicar smiled. "Then I now pronounce you husband and wife." "You may now kiss the bride."

Luke turned and faced his wife with so much love and tenderness in his eyes as he lifted the lace vale over her head. He lovingly placed his left hand on her waist and his right hand on her cheek brushing her hair away with his thumb and pulled her closer. As their lips touched, they remembered all the time they had spent together, the laughs, the fights, the make-up kisses, the late night phone calls, the tears and the struggle. The special moments, the times with their friends and family, the weekend road trips, the evenings spent watching the sunset, the stupid photos, the songs they listened to over and over again because they couldn’t be bothered to change them, the videos and Ustream's, and most of all, the time they spent just talking about everything. Those kinds of talks where you're discussing something and you have no idea how you got onto the subject, it just happened. And it made them smile. All the past doubts and insecurities gone from their minds as all that mattered was this moment, just them.

 There was nobody else in the universe.

The only two people that mattered; Isobelle and Luke.

Mr. and Mrs. Brooks.