Goodbye

"You are definitely leaving?", Ana stood next to Woojin, who was emptying his trainee locker. She had seen how sad he was since the others started slowly to debut. One by one, not able to keep up the close relationships they once had with those that still are trainees.

"Yeah, I change over to JYP. Hopefully I have better chances to debut there...", he trailed off, not sure what to say. He understood that sometimes giving up a good trainee to another company would help said trainee more. But it also hurt to know that he wasn't classified enough to stand on the same stage as his friends.

"I'll miss you Jinnie-ah, you're such a good singer and perfomer, and such a sweet and gentle human being. I hope that you'll have a bright future", she smiled softly. She had hoped that he'd stay, so she could have the chance to stay on a stage with him. Though it seemed like fate had a different path chosen for him, a path which she wasn't involved with.

"I'll take you to JYP and then home, alright?", after a pause she added, "I think I still owe you a dinner."

"Really?!", Woojin's eyes widened. Ana never bought food for anyone. Not Winwin, not Mark and definitely not Woojin himself. Yet here he was, getting a free meal offered by Ana.

"Don't sound so shocked!", she laughed, "I don't buy one on one dinners but I always buy food for my dongsaeng. I mean who do you think makes sure that Kun has all the food in the kitchen?"

"Taeyong?", he answered hesitantly. She chuckled and tried to put an arm over his shoulder. Failing to do so she just poked the taller one's side, making him laugh. "I'm sorry that I never questioned the food source."

She gave him a 'you better are'-look, though the smile displayed on her lips said otherwise. Woojin trailed after her, as he never came by car. He didn't know where Ana was leading him.

The two of them entered the car and drove in silence. Ana was trying not to get all too emotional, as she wasn't sure how much good that would do for Woojin. Woojin on the other hand, was cutting all the ties that connected him to SM. All but one, the tie that connected him with some of his closest friends.

"I'll get you chicken while you try to figure out this building here, alright?", Ana asked before Woojin left the car to enter the JYP Building.

"Alright."

Ana hummed along the Radio when someone was knocking against the window. Ana proceeded to open window.

"Kun? You got the chicken?", the chinese boy nodded as an answer and held a small box of the fast food brand KFC through the window opening. "Thanks, tell the others to get ready. This is gonna be the best surprise brithday party ever."

"I still can't believe that you got the permission of the managers", he whispered before running of into the night. Seconds later, Woojin came out of the building again.

"They were so nice. It's like another universe", Woojin said smiling happily. The trainee manager was so friendly and explained evertything to him. He would miss his friends, but maybe this was his chance.

Ana pulled out of her spot, navigating her car in the evening traffic. "Is it alright if we eat at the river? I mean, this is your last evening as a SM trainee."

Woojin glanced to Ana, slightly suspicious, though nodding his head in agreement anyways. He wasn't sure why Ana would do that. They weren't close, not that close.

The two of them sat at the Han river, staring into the night sky. Ana had made sure that the others knew where exactly they were. Then, suddenly a pair of arms wraped around Woojin's and Ana's shoulders.

"There you are, Ana. You could've been a bit more specific with your coordinates", Taeyong walked around the two and lent both a hand.

Woojin stared at the soon to be NCT 127 members. "You are crazy", he mumbled. They had planed this. He should have known that something was off by the moment Ana offered food.

"Duhh, that's my job", Ana opened her arms to hug both, Woojin an Taeyong. But before she could embrace them, Haechan jumped on her back and almost made her fall. "Haechan, I'm the crazy one!"

"You are crazy", Woojin repeated.

Ana just made sure that Haechan was secure on her back before she led them to the others. When they came to where the others had set up a table with some snacks, Jungwoo jumped forward to welcome them. He then proceeded to hug Woojin and pull him down on the bench next to him.

"You all planed this for me?", Woojin stared in utter astonishment at the group of people in front of him. They hadn't talked that much anymore since the NCT U announcement. Then the NCT 127 members had been revealed and they saw each other even less. Only Jungwoo and Ana were frequently around, as they wouldn't make a debut anytime soon. Johnny and Doyoung where working with NCT 127 already.

"Hey, you're one of us Hyung, even if you go now", Jungwoo smiled at his elder before he held a glass with some soda in the air. "To Woojin!"

"To Woojin", it chorused thirteen times.

"Let's eat. I didn't drove around the whole city to get those snacks when no one eats them", Kun said and pushed a box of chicken wings in Woojin's direction, smiling proudly as the others eyes went big.

"A happy birthday to you", Ana whispered.