01

Rosaline is 20 and Vincent is 27. There were some confusion centering their ages and sort. Their ages are 20 and 27.

(all rights reserved © 2019 November O'Riley)

The house I live in and have been living since is called 'whore house'

Well...it's not as it sounds. It's not a brothel. It's a house for the maids, the female assassins and those who have chosen a different way of life.

In the mafia, men call them whores. Putting it in a nicer language, pay girls.

Some come here by choice. Some are picked up. Some are forced. Some are sold. But for me, I was born into it.

My mother was a maid for the family. She worked here and got her daily needs fulfilled and so I came along.

I never knew my papa. I tried but my mama always said 'You don't need such man who doesn't care about your existence.

I never looked for him. I was told not to. And as far as I can remember I am pretty good at doing what I was told to do.

I am better that way. Living here I know not to protest. I know it's better to suck it up and move on.

In a world where men are God and women are their toys, we know better than not to disobey and disrespect them. Men don't think twice before pulling the trigger.

It might kill you but they won't look back. I learned that. I learned that when my mum was killed by a capo. I knew it was better to shut my mouth and follow my rules. Do my assigned chores, leave the place and stay in my shabby room and stay quiet.

The family had a gala tonight. The decorations were put up in the main hall, a blurry of white and gold adorned the circular room of the castle-like house. The Don seldom used this place, and from the orders of it, it felt like the gala was extremely important.

The last party The De'Marco family had hosted was the stepping down of Don Luciano. That was also like seven years ago. And now this.
But like I said, I do what they tell me to. It's not my job to pry into the matter of a royal party.

De' Marco family was one of the richest in Italy and America. But that's just what newspaper and television tell you.

The De'Marco's are the last person you'd mess with. They are the men of word and guns. They smuggle drugs, guns, girls, boys. Alcohol, oil. But that's the thing about organized crime. It's all organized.

They deal with the elite. You'd find some teenagers on street selling cocaine in packets but that's none of The De'Marco's business. They do it in clubs, casinos, hotels. They don't do it in dollar bills. They do it in millions.