23

Positivity Corner:

Sometimes we have to stay quite to prove we're smart.

The plotting of my plan was easier then I thought it to be, especially Vincent being at his office and the house empty for some maids here and there

My first errand was to find those letters again in papa's room, so two evening after I got my master idea I strolled casually to papa's room and locked the door from the inside.

I copied the address the letter came from though my hand itched to open the flap of the envelope and read what is written inside, I subdued the urge to do so cause it was literally double standard to read someone's letters.

So just like I had come, I left pausing to enjoy the view and air through the grand balcony at the end of that corridor that overviews the garden on the rare side.

It was particularly cold today and Vincent was back before dinner. We had a little moment before I got down to make dinner and we ate at the kitchen table talking about his day and mine.

My only motive now was to find out the way to go to Italy and so far I could see, I had two options.

I. I can ask nicely to Vincent who I know will throw a fit like a bratty toddler.

II. Sneak out of the house, past hundreds of mafia men with armed guns and no money in my God forsaken pockets.

"I was wondering if I could go down to the whorehouse where I stayed." I asked Vincent once we finished showering and while he was brushing his teeth.

He finished brushing and wiped his mouth with a small towel. "Why?"

"Uh...I have some things I'd like to have, and something that belong to my mum..." I look at him with a sad smile.

It was not really a part of my plan though but I really wanted to have my mum's things. I doubt if they still have them.

And also while being on that house, I could find a little bit more closure from my mother's things, maybe I can find a contact number or something like that.

You don't have a phone. My inner girl points out.

I shrug.

"When do you want to go?" He pulls me to him by my waist. My hands lay flat on his naked chest as eyes look deeply into his.

"Whenever you can take me..." I tail off, my mouth instantly finds a spot somewhere between his shoulder and neck and I immediately latch on. Gently kissing sucking and nibbling on the flesh.

He gives a grunt before picking my up, I wrap my arms around his waist as he carries me to bed.

We make out till mining and then I drop into slumber before Vincent.

I could feel soft kisses over my face. I hummed.

"I'm leaving, baby." Vincent said before kissing my lips softly. "Be good, won't you?"

"Hmm." I replied opening my eyes a little. He looked exceptionally edible with a black button down and a leather jacket over it, hovering over me. "You look good." I mumble in my sleepy voice.

"All yours, baby girl." He chuckles humorously.

"Mine." I grinded before I got up to place a wet kiss to his mouth that he replied with his own.

After Vincent left, I made breakfast and ate. watched peppa-pig on YouTube that the TV has and then cleaned the windows in the corridor cause let's face it, I had nothing better to do.

After lunch, I was back in the room. My head was working almost at the speed of a snail.

The only thing I had by far is my father's address.

Why do I even want to see him? A tiny part of my brain reasoned.

Is he the right person for me to meet right now cause...as far as papa told me, that he knew he a child and Mariano loved my mother, but that still doesn't make sense why would papa lie to me about him?

And secondly what kind of father leaves his own kid after knowing about her existence and doesn't even look for her? In twenty years makes no attempt to contact her?

The kind that doesn't care...replied that voice in my head. And maybe you shouldn't too.

Right now you have everything... Look at it. Vincent as much as dominating as he is...you've got him. He gives you evey thing a girl could ever dream of. And what if this plan ruins everything? What if it ruins the connection you have with Vincent? Says the voice in my head.

True. I reason. But what about the truth? Why my mama never told me about my father? Why was he always ignored upon asking questions? Why would papa lie to me about my father's existence, that he didn't know where he was anymore when clearly they were still in touch?

And most of all why ever would my father, the man who created me, and the man who knew about me won't even try to contact me? What kind of love did my mama and my father had that he didn't show up when she was buried?

So what? Now you want to go to Italy? To find out the truth? To find out your father who never cared. You want to find out why? You want to ask him why he never looked for you? Why wasn't he there in your mama's funeral? Why should you care if he didn't? The voice said again.

The rational part of me was right but my emotional part was too.

I was now torn between the two halves of me. It was painful and I couldn't decide.

Going to Italy on my own could ruin everything. But not going meant I'd never fund any kind of closure to my family.

Why was it so important anyway? The rational part of me asks. You never gave a thought about it till papa told you about Mariano.

I sigh. It's not wrong. But it's not right either.

The door opens making me turn my head toward the doorway.

Vincent had an office bag in his grip. Wearing a black button down and black ripped jeans paired with a brown over coat over his leather jacket literally made me drivel.

"You're back early." I say excitedly as I sit up on my hunches.

"I am." He says as he leans over the bed to kiss me, I kiss him back with cosmic enthusiasm. My hands go around his neck as I try to pull him closer to me, desperate to close the distance in between.

He pulls out making me whimper.

"Thought you wanted to go collet your mother's things." He says with a smirk in hi lips as he sits down on the edge of the bed taking off his boots.

"I want to...but not now." I say.

"Just tell me when you want to go okay?" He says taking of his coat.

"Sì." I mumbled, drawing haphazard patterns in the bedsheets.

I wonder if we'll really work out. He wasn't being clear about our relationship status anyway. But what we have gives me a little hope that may be...it can work out.

"Rosaline?" I hear him sigh.

"Hmm?"

"Where are you, I asked what you wanted to do now?"

"I want you." I blurt out, unable to think anything that what will happen if I try to leave on my own...will he never take me back if I leave?

Will I want to come back once I've had the taste of freedom?

"What?" Vincent asks.

"I want you. Take me." I answer.