39

Positivity Corner:

Silence screams more then mayhem.

"Why would you say so?" I asked chewing my doughnut and swallowing it

Clearly by the confidence Rico held showed that he knew Vincent much more then I did. I mean... obviously they've met before since they handle two of the Mafia families all by themselves. They ought to meet and get on together, however his next words told me perfectly how true my thinking was.

"Clearly you only know what he's told you, don't you?" Rico mumbles. "He's fucked up more then he lets anybody know. He's insane." Rico grits out the last part.

I sigh. "Are you gonna tell me, why he's 'bad news' instead of giving mixed signals?" I ask. "I'm tired and I'd like to go to bed." Truth to be told I was getting pretty nervous by the passing second and quite possibly scared, cause what I'd the news travelled as far to papa?

And Rico's confidence only ignited the nervousness by a couple notches.

"He's killed more then you can count and he isn't hesitant to do so... ... ... He had this girl friend who is he was supposed to marry but someone tipped him off saying that she was passing some news to the rival or shit like that, and he didn't think twice to shot her straight between her eyes." Rico sighs running a hand through his now messy hair.

He's been doing that a lot since we started talking.

"You get it Rosa? He didn't even bother to look for proof that she was selling information. He just shot her, just like that." He muses.

I nod. At this point any of my emotions not surfacing me as I look at Rico and hang on to every word I say. I mean... Vincent never tried to put a bullet in my head. He was quite good. We went quite good till the choking incident came up.

"And if he's not as fucked up as he is when he's in the underworld, I don't think you can still trust him." He sighs.

"He isn't like other guys, commitment doesn't bind him, it'll be you today and someone else right tomorrow morning. And someone else the next day. He's like that... ... He can't love. He'll probably marry and you make you give him an heir or two and then your life will be a housewife in one corner of his huge castle while he's off doing lord knows what."

"I've stayed with him, Rico." I whisper. "And... I don't think he's like that... ... ... I mean... ... ..."

"He'd come to bed every night and he's caring." I say looking at my half eaten doughnut.

I just want to finish my sweet and go to bed. I sigh.

"You're so sure, sissy. How much do you know about him?"

I gape at him after he throws the question in a weird manner.

I mean...now that I look at the time before, I never did know too much about Vincent. Nothing. Not even his favourite food. But all the time we were at it, it felt good. I felt good with him.

I felt he cared for me.

But surely all that caring stuff was just after he's done something that he's regretted. Like after he choked me, he got me chocolates and after he... ... ...cheated? Is that the correct word for it?

I mean he slept with Cara, twice that I know of while I was sharing a bed with him... that's cheating... isn't it?

But he still got me out of the whore house and gave me a nice bed to sleep in, slept with me without sex, bought me cloths and whatever I wanted. He even gave his money to me so that I can travel to Italy.

"And you'd claim that he's never done anything that made you think, probably he doesn't feel for you as deeply as probably you do?" Rico asks, at his point he is gripping my hands tightly.

I think about the time he choked me and then when I found him and Cara together half baked in his office room.

Biting my lip, I nod.

"He has ever given you a reason to doubt?" He asks again. Rico's eyed looking at me while mine still cast downward at the plate that hold my doughnut.

"He did." I whisper unable to stop the single tear dropping from my eye to my cheek.

"Has he hurt you, Rosa?" His voice gains seriousness. "In any way?"

I look up to him and see his friendly eyes swarming in seriousness. I nod, tentatively.

He draws a long breath. "You want to tell me?" He asks after a pause.

And so I do, I tell him everything from the beginning. How Vincent saw and how I was brought to the estate where we bonded more then ever and how everything fell apart. Any how I landed in Italy.

"Man!" Rico laughs nervously while I am a mess trying to stop my tears and the jam in my nose that is making my breaths come out in ugly snorts. "And here I thought you just came looking, for pop."

I nod, wiping my nose with back of my hand.

"Don't do it!" Rico shrieks. "Dude, that's gross!"

I sniff.

"Come on!" He gets up, the friendly shine back in his eyes. "You need some sleep. I'll walk you up to your room."

Sniffing I get up and walk to my room with Rico walking beside me. For once, silent.

Once we reach my door I give him a hug and wish goodnight.

Being at least ten inches taller then me, Rico pats my head and says, "I'm here if you need someone to talk to."

"Hmm." I mumble slipping inside the door.

I walk upto the bathroom removing my dress and expensive undergarments in the process.

I dress in a big soft t-shirt after my bath before climbing up to my heavenly bed. Turning to my phone I find some texts. One of them being from Salvatore. It said.

"Are you free for our drop out ice-cream meeting tomorrow?"

The whole conversation with Vincent swims back to my head.

The way he kept telling me I was his and he was not yet done with me.

Honestly, those words he said before didn't scare me, but after I headed Rico saying what he did, all the fear rushed to my head, making me a mess.

But without thinking twice, I texted a yes to Salvatore...but in either was I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep.

[A|N]

So...we're at 400k... It's feeling pretty big cause...lets face it 1k was pretty huge matter to me.

But I just want to thank you guys that you're reading what I write and appreciating it so far. Thank you, everyone, for the love and support.

Question of the chapter:

Banana shake OR Chocolate milk

Tough choice eh?

-November