45

Positivity Corner:

How nice the sound it makes when the ice breaks.

"Shit!" Vincent curses as the sound of bullets get heavier

"Rosa." Comes a panicked voice along with a pounding of the door.

"I'm okay." I yell as I swiftly walk over to the door and open it finding Rico.

"What are you doing here?" He hisses at Vincent. "What's he doing here?" He asks again turning at me.

"Just came over to check if I was alright." I say quickly before Rico can draw out the situation more. "Who are firing?" I ask.

"I don't know." Rico says and something muffled comes out of his walkie talkie that was tucked in his waistband.

Now that I see, Rico had a machine gun hung over his shoulder and shot gun on both of his hands.

Rico holds the walkie talkie firing commands in rapid Italian.

"We're short by several." Vincent mutters looking at his phone. "They're firing to enter."

"Come again?" Rico frowns. "Firing for what?"

"To enter the estate." Vincent repeats before dashing out of the room.

"God!" Rico sighs running a hand through his hair. "Why the fuck should they want to do that?"

What the hell is going on? "Where's papa?" I ask.

Why would anyone want to enter the estate?

Before Rico can answer Vincent has returned, he too has a machine gun slung around his shoulder and strings of bullet sticking out of the bullet port.

"Do you have a safe room, here?" Vincent asks Rico.

"No." He spats. "People don't go attacking us at random around midnight."

"Stay inside." Vincent points at me. "I've called my men around here, they'll be in shortly."

"But...papa?" I ask on the verge of screaming.

The glasses around the house shatters and I feel the ground shake.

"Stay here." This time Rico mutters as both of them step away from the door way.

"Wait!" I yell before they can leave. "Where is papa?" I ask again.

What is going on? Why ever would people wage a gun war in the middle school f the night? Who would do that? Who would do that to papa?

What could possibly be the reason for such anarchy they are causing.

"You're papa is Safe, neonata." Vincent says in a soft voice. "Get in."

"Will you be okay?" I ask looking at him and then at Rico. He was communicating through the walkie talkie.

"We'll be fine." Vincent says. "Now get in. Lock the door and stay put."