08

Positivity Corner:

"Fight for your own Fairytale."

By the time it was evening, I was lounging on the bed with my head hanging down from the edge and my legs toward the ceiling

Today I had gotten a 'tour' if the house or as Ariana put it. Me and Ariana and baby Audrey had ventured the backyard and the mansion.

Ariana pointed out this and that, some rooms. For example the Don's study on the floor I stayed. The laundry room. The kitchen the sunroom where we lounged till late afternoon and had tea.

From her I had got to know bits and bytes about the family. More like inside information about the family.

Antonio DeMarco was the man Ariana was married to and so they have been for ten years. Antonio, The Don's elder brother had no interest in the family business, he wanted relief from this life so he went to London, got his doctor's certificate and started to practice there but as old saying goes around here.

"Once you're in the racket, you're always in it." Now though Antonio's connection to the underworld business is less he can't loose all the ties with his family, so time to time they fly to New York to visit.

Ariana is the daughter of a British intelligence officer.

Go figure.

After our chat and cups of tea, Ariana got called by a maid saying her husband was looking for her. Cursing multiple of times she left and so I came back to the room, watched some stupid documentary on TV and now am laying with my head down and legs up.

I don't know why am I doing it, I have nothing else to do.

I don't get to do my previous chores, I am expected to sit in this room all day and do nothing. My muscles are going numb from time to time and I feel like thousands of stupid idea circling my head.

I don't like this. I can't sit this idle and expect to stay sane. I need some activities in my life.

Maybe I should ask The Don if I can do some work around here or not.

It's almost dinner time and I am getting kinda hungry and I don't want to feel like a brat by asking for dinner.

The door opens revealing the same maid, I had met earlier on the staircase.

"Miss, Rosaline. Dinner is served would you care to join?" She asked as if somebody has had her rehearse the love be several times.

Shrugging at my thought I answer her in affirmative before climbing down the bed and going to the bathroom to freshen up.

Having dinner together in the family is always a big thing. It's almost the time to bond with everyone after a day of work.

And about Italians, they goes by, la famiglia prima di tutto. Family comes first.