18

Positivity Corner:

Don't look back and don't look down. It'll scare you.

Upon waking up I found the other side of bed empty

Not like it was unusual. I had gotten used to it.

Sitting up, I pulled up my pants from the floor and pulled my hair up in handknot on top of my head.

Why does he need to wonder off! He's been shot for God's mercy. My inner girl whines.

I ignore her, and run to the bathroom, feeling the pressure on my bladder increase.

After my morning business and washing my face I walk back to the room. Vincent had appeared by whatever magic power he had and now was sitting on the edge of the bed, wearing his boxers while a nurse was re-doing his bandages.

She was looking up at him, now and then and touching his skin more then necessary.

And her uniform was cheesy. My inner girl snickered.

Ignoring her jealous self, I clear my throat. Vincent looks up, his emotions almost palpable through his eyes. They are tired and angry.

"Good Morning." I chirp.

"Morning, Bella." He rasps. "Dormi bene?"

(You sleep well)

"Sí." I say. "Did you sleep well?"

"Dormo sempre bene accanto a te, dolcezza mia."

(I always sleep well beside you, my sweet.)

His statement makes me blush a little but the nurse looks like she swallowed something...ugly.

"That'll be all." Vincent orders the nurse and she gets up from her position. Standing closer then necessary to him.

"What about your hand, Don?" She asks.

"It's fine, thank you."

With a flattering smile she leaves, ignoring me like a leaf fallen on the ground during fall.

Bitch! My inner girl snarls.

Bitchy indeed. I agree.

Taking a seat beside Vincent,I rest my cheek on his injured shoulder. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." He sighs and leans a bit to me. "Three shots can't do anything I can't handle."

I know he's acting all mighty and powerful. But that's just it, he's acting. I saw how he couldn't fist his left hand and it seems to be driving him nuts.

He's limping when he's walking and overall it's just too much on his body.

Three bullets were enough to put someone in coma but here he is, in sense and well. But he's not as strong as he was before the shots.