21

Positivity Corner:

Get yourself a daddy.

The next week since the choking incident, I was treated like a princess

I still wore turtle neck, until Ariana got specious and asked me about it. I said I had a sore throat and was feeling kinda cold.

She said, surely it wasn't that cold yet, and tell you it was the second week of November and it was pretty cold, if you ask me.

But Ariana put a serious face and demanded the truth, I flipped the off somehow, until she came to the bedroom randomly with out knocking. And thus she saw the pale, almost faded bruise around my throat.

And then Vincent got punched in the jaw, which basically did him no harm and all kind of British profanities that Ariana could remember.

Vincent apologized and said it would never happen.

"It better not!" She fumed. "If I found something like that again, you will have your baby maker inside Aless's bloodhound, I swear Vincent." She had jabbed her finger to his chest in the process of her speech.

"Okay. Okay." Vincent had retrieved his side of the story and gave her time to cool off.

And then I got a earful because, I didn't tell her and I was supposed to and all that.

After the day, Vincent got me so many candies that I got fat in one day, he asked Aless what he wanted for his birthday and that he'll buy Aless an early birthday gift.

Aless said he wants a dog. Not a puppy but a big trained dog.

Now that being said, Ariana threw a fit saying, there was gonna be another animal death if Aless got another dog, and she didn't want 'the curse' upon her child.

Whatever that means.

So Vincent got Aless a fully trained bloodound. A big black ugly looking dog that Aless named Mr.Kin.

What kind of pet's name is Mr. Kin?

And tomorrow being the big day when the little monster turns six, Ariana said she didn't want anything fancy. Just a cake and some friends.

To which everyone agreed.

Now sitting in the sun room, late noon all I could think was useless stuff that didn't really made sense.

"You look so much like your father." I hear the voice of the former Don.

"Papa." I stand up to greet him.

"Though your beauty came from your mother but you look like your father." He said taking a seat infront of me.

"You knew him?" I asked.

I never really had given a thought about my gather since mama died.

"We were once friends." Papa smiled, recalling memories. "Both of us, came from Italy in an oil ship, as labours."