19

Positivity Corner:

The broken you are on the inside the stronger you are on the outside.

I am well aware of the activity, outside the room.

The shouts coming from downstairs.

Vincent is shouting.

He's angry.

"She didn't leave the estate." He yells ones again. This time his vice is followed by a loud bang. "She's in the house."

I grimace at his voice. It's raspy and strained.

"I don't care." He shouts again followed by the cracking sound of something else braking.

It's enough. My inner girl says from her position. She sitting with her knees pulled up to her chin, eyes slick with tears. He'll calm down if we go to him. Or it won't be long before the gunshots.

It was nine in the morning, the lights entered through the crevice of the curtains.

With a sigh, I walked to the bathroom attached, and examined my throat. The bluish-purple bruise wasn't so prominent as now last night when I went to sleep. My throat was sore, it hurts when I try to talk.

Changing into the turtle neck sweater and pants from the evening before, I walk downstairs.

Sarah stands at the base of the stairs, her back to me, Diego stands in front of her. A sigh leaves him when he sees me walking down.

Sarah follows his gaze. She too exhales. "Thank God." She murmurs making a cross sign across her chest.

"Where were you?" Comes the raspy angry voice.

He's wearing the same suit from day before. His well kept hair now dishevelled and jaw clenched. Eyes red and body rigid.

"U-upstairs." I rasp out despite the pain.

"Are you okay?" Diego frown.

"Fine."

"You sure? You don't sound well." Sarah frowns. "I'll make you ginger honey tea."

"Thank you." I say before descending the final stairs and walking back to our room, not looking at Vincent.

Not because I am angry and want to kill him.

But looking at him makes me feel more and more weak. If I look at him, I know I'll cry and no matter how much I cry, my tears won't stop pouring.

I place the blanket on the bed before retrieving another turtle neck beige baggy sweater and leggings before going to the bathroom, for a shower. I didn't shower yesterday and now I feel dirty.

I dry myself in the shower and dress inside before walking out in the room with a towel rubbing on my head.

I see Vincent sitting on the bed, clenching and unclenching his jaw.