Genesis

~Ivy~

The annoying sound of the alarm on my phone begins to go off at 5:30 am. I still ask myself why do I need to be up before the sun is. I roll to the opposite side of the bed to turn off my alarm and curl myself up into my sheets like a burrito. I am not a morning person. Never have been and never will be. I slowly slide off of my queen sized bed and slip into my bunny slippers. I drag myself to the bathroom to get ready for the first day of school.

I really can't believe that it's the first day of my senior year. A Lot of people my age would be saying that statement to themselves feeling proud and excited. Well, not me. I dreaded school and summer as well. Summer was definitely better than school. You might ask "Who the hell doesn't like summer?" Me. I don't like summer. For many reasons, I have no friends, I spend the whole summer inside because my mom is always working and I'm a pretty big girl so it gets extra hot.

After I finish my shower and put lotion on, I walk to my closet and look for something to wear. Doesn't everyone go for a cute outfit for the first day? Something that compliments their bodies or something? I grabbed a pink and green striped shirt and some black ripped jeans. I'm sure this will do for now. I walk to my vanity and sit and look at my curly brown hair flowing in all directions. Yikes. I grab a brush, spray bottle and some gel and get to work. Soon, after a good 10 minutes of taming the lion on my head, it's in a simple slick back bun. I add some green and pink hair clips to try and add a little spice.

I grab my black backpack and head downstairs. As I make my way downstairs, I smell pancakes and mentally roll my eyes. I love pancakes just as much as the next girl but my mom knows I'm trying to lose weight and her feeding me all this damn food ain't helping. However, I did appreciate the gesture. I walked into the kitchen and put my bag near the door and hugged my mom.

"Good Morning Mom," I said as I kissed her cheek.

"Good Morning to you too Ivy, you seem happy to go to school for once," She replied as she laughed.

I frowned at her statement a little. I went to grab some water from the fridge and then sat down at the table and waited for her to finish working her magic. As I sat, I admired my mom. She was truly a beautiful woman. She had long curly hair that reached her lower back. She had big chocolate eyes and a beautiful smile with straight teeth. To add to the equation, she was curvy as hell. She had a beautiful hourglass figure and her weight was in all the right places. It's a shame my dad left us. However, that's a story for another day.

"Breakfast is served my darling," My mom said as she placed a plate with two pancakes with syrup and a side of strawberries in front of me.

"Thank you mom," I smiled.

After spending a good 30 minutes talking about the new school year I looked at my phone and realized that it was 6:55 am. I grabbed my plate and placed it in the sink and walked out grabbing my bag and my black low top vans. Once I finished putting on my shoes, I grabbed my car keys and walked to the door.

"Bye Mom, I love you," I said as I closed the door behind me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, one chapter down a bunch more left to go. The number of times I have come back to this book and revamped it I think I'll stick with my idea now. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. (Also, it's my first book so there might be some errors here and there please don't hop on my ass.)