The First Day's Trials

~Ivy~

I couldn't tell you exactly why he was staring at me but I can tell you I was extremely uncomfortable the whole class period. He was fine as hell and he kept staring at my ugly ass. I couldn't stand it. I just wanted to focus on Trig because I loved math and his presence was truly distracting. The way his brown eyes roamed my body made a shiver go up my spine. Uncomfortable. That's all I Felt.

*Ding*

Ding Dong bitch that's all I needed to scoop my stuff up and get the fuck up out of there. This was gonna be a long year if I had to keep sitting back there near his wandering eyes. I walked to my next class which was on the opposite side of the school in the English wing. English 12 AP.

~Gabriel~

I have never once in my life seen a girl scoop her stuff up so fast and walk out of a classroom before. Never. Maybe I made her uncomfortable? Yeah probably. I grabbed my schedule and looked for my next class which was in the music wing. I took Guitar class for the 4th time. No, I didn't fail, I just fell in love with it and continued to take the class so I could have my time to learn more and more about it. My teacher and I were cool so he kind of lets me go to one of our many practice rooms and I can practice on my own. At home, it's really hectic and I can never get a chance alone in a quiet space to practice so this was my chance to get lost in the music. 

I made my way down the hall and walked into the large music room decorated with golden trophies from all the awards many students have one at music concerts and competitions. That could never be me. Maybe I'm saying that because I have never actually won an award in my life. Which I was content with, some people felt like they needed awards to validate their actions. That was never me. I will rely on some stupid award to make me feel like I'm doing well. I saw my teacher, Mr. Davey and I walked up to him and dapped him up.

"Hey Gabriel, welcome back how was your summer?" He asked getting settled at his desk, glancing behind Gabriel to see all the students walking in.

"It was okay, worked a lot. How was yours?" I replied as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"It was okay, got a new dog." Mr.Davey smiled proudly. I shook my head and laughed. Mr.Davey was always getting new pets. It was like a hobby or something to him. I went and took my seat so he could take attendance before I left to go to practice in the practice room. The first day is always the best day.

~Ivy~

The first day is always the worst day. I sat in front of my English class and a bunch of girls gave me dirty looks and talked shit about me behind my back. 

"She's so big."

"How did she fit into those pants?"

"Imagine being that fat and not being able to use the elevator."

I can walk up the stairs just fine. Thank you, Rebecca. I mentally rolled my eyes as I kept my focus on the blackboard and the teacher taking roll and talking about classroom expectations. However, as hard as I tried my mind couldn't focus. I tried to exercise and eat well. I thought I was doing a pretty okay job keeping up with that. Last summer I lost a good 20 pounds and I thought I looked somewhat better than I did last year. Nobody ever noticed. It really sucks. Sometimes you need a little encouragement or recognition for the hard work that you've put in. But I got absolutely nothing. I looked back at the group of girls and then looked back at the board. The first day is always the worst day.