Daddy's Home

I couldn't possibly resist not writing another chapter :') Onwards!

~Gabriel~

I just got off my shift at Julio's. I went to visit my mom but she was sleeping. She had all kind of tubes hooked on to different parts of her body and she looked pale. I did everything I could to hold in my tears. I had shit to take care of. I had a family to care for and emotions were not going to get in the way of that. I slowly pulled off the apron I had and started wiping down some counters. it was 11 pm and Juilo had gone home early because his wife needed him. I heard the bell at the door ring. Shit. I knew I should've locked the doors. I didn't look at the person and I kept wiping the counters. "We are closed I'm sorry you can come back tomorrow."

"I kind of wanted something to eat through," Ivy said.

I looked back and sighed. "I don't have anything for you Ivy. Why are you here its almost midnight ." I said back not really in the mood.

"Gabriel, I just wanna talk to you." She said softly as she sat in a booth looking at me from across the room. The moonlight intruding through the blinds shined over her and she had never looked more stunning then she did in that exact moment. WIth her maroon sweatshirt and blue jeans with her hair up in a messy bun.

"Ivy we can talk tomorrow, go home," I said back. I didn't wanna be rude. But that was the only way.

"Why are you shutting us out?" She said with confusion and concern laced in her voice.

"Ivy it's just you, you're the only one I'm shutting out because you're too nice to understand and I don't wanna dump my feelings on you. Cant, you take a god damn hint I just don't wanna talk to you!" I shouted at her and instantly regret it. I watched the hurt and sadness fill her eyes as she stood up.

I'm sorry I just wanted to help." She said as she walked out. I sat in a stool and groaned. This was the best for us.

Many weeks passed and I still haven't spoken to Ivy. My mom wasn't getting better and My dad still hasn't shown up. It was November now and I was at home with the twins. Their sixth birthday was coming up soon. I wanted it to be nice to take their minds off of everything. 

Analisa came running into the living room at full speed to show me a picture she drew. Angelo was trying to focus on the Tv show he was watching but Analisa started talking.

"Gabie, I drew a picture for mommy. We can give it to her when we see her on Saturday" She said and looked at me in search of approval. While Angelo simply glared at her. 

They both took the news differently. Ana was trying her best to stay positive and think of good outcomes while Angel became more closed off and quiet. I tried to talk to him but he would shut me out as soon as the topic of parents came up. I didn't want him to become like me.

"Sure Ana, mommy would love to see it." I smiled at her. She smiled and ran back to her room. I sat on the couch with Angelo.

"Hey, how's it hanging?" I asked trying my best to hold a conversation with my little brother. 

"Fine." He replied. He's too young to be feeling like this and I definitely wasn't going to stand for it.

"Angelo. you can talk to me you dot need to be like this, we are all scared and we are all worried but if we stick together it'll hurt less." I said desperately trying to get my ten-year-old brother to cope with his emotions.

I heard a loud thump come from the basement. I shot up and told Angelo to stay put. I was walking slowly when I heard Analisa scream. 

I ran downstairs and saw that my dad had returned. He wasn't in his right mind. He was drunk. 

"Gabie, he pushed me." She said holding up her elbow that was now bleeding. My blood boiled.

He thought it was okay to not say anything to anyone for four months and then come back drunk?

"Go to Angelo and he will give you some band-aids," I said helping her upstairs.

"Gabriel you're growing so fast." My dad spoke slurring his words. I glared at him.

"Don't you ever lay a fucking finger on my sister," I said looking at him.

"I didn't do anything, the kid can't take a joke." He said laying on the couch. 

"She's bleeding, what kind of sick ass joke is that?" I said hovering over him. For some reason, I couldn't tell him to get his shit and get out. That was my dad I'm sure my mom wanted to see him too.

"Don't touch her. That's all I ask." I said walking out of the basement, closing the door being me.