What We Finish Off With

~Ivy~

I finally made it to my last class of the day, Environmental Science. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to expect so I kept my expectations pretty low. I walked into the classroom and what I saw made me what to turn on my heels and run the opposite direction. The class was full. Not only that. That wasn't even the worst part of it. The worst part was that the only seat available was next to...

Him.

He looked up at me in all his glory and smiled. I frowned deeply and walked over to the lab table and placed my bag on the table and sat down. I didn't look at him, I just looked ahead at the whiteboard where the teacher was standing. I saw the teacher stand up and begin announcing what they wanted from us as a class and what we were to expect to get out of the class.

~Gabriel~

I saw her. 

She was beautiful as ever walking into class with her black backpack on her right shoulder. She looked mad and it was so cute. I loved it. I also loved the fact that the only empty seat in the room was right next to me. I smirked as she walked over and placed her stuff next to me. She didn't even look at me. How rude. I wasn't tripping though. I looked up at the whiteboard to listen to the teacher blab on about classroom expectations. They do the same thing every year. 

"Lastly, for any lab or project we conduct in this classroom, you will be doing it alongside the person you are seated next to. I am not a fan of switching seats unless absolutely necessary so, please if you would like to move, speak now or forever hold your peace." The teacher said. 

The goddess sitting next to me put her head down on the table and kept her silence. Which made me smile. I sat silently through the rest of the class and waited for the dismissal bell to ring.

*Ding*

I grabbed my things and walked out to the parking lot. I got in my car and drove to work. I work at a local family owned restaurant. We need all the money we can get since my mom can no longer work and my dad is working so hard on his own. So, over the summer I got a job at Julio's Buffet. We serve a variety of Latin foods and American. I work as a chef in the kitchen. I parked my car in the front and walked in. I walked back to the kitchen and tied an apron around my waist and washed my hands.

"Hey Gabriel, good to see you again," Julio said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Good to be back." I smiled back.

I worked for three hours trying to get all the meals switched out from lunch to dinner. The bell by the door indicated that a customer was entering the restaurant. Julio rushed to the front of the restaurant and greeted them. I walked out of the kitchen carrying a tub of freshly made rice and what I saw made me wanna turn on my heels and run back into the hot kitchen. There she was. The nameless goddess. She sat in a booth with an older woman who looked kind of like her. I didn't want her to see me like this. I have a tomato sauce stain on my apron. Definitely not presentable at all. I put the rice into its rightful place and was about to make a b-line for the kitchen door when I heard Julio call my name. God Damnit.

"Gabriel, come and meet some loyal customers!" Julio shouted across the restaurant. I slowly walked over with my head held down. "Lift your head up and say hi this isn't like you. This is one of the greatest chefs in town and he's only 17." Julio said proudly.

"Hey, I'm Gabriel," I said slowly. I can't tell you why I was being so shy but I was. My nameless goddess looked up at me and gave me a small smile. Great. She pitied me because I worked in a resturant. I love that for me. After a good 4 hours left on my shift, I clocked out and drove home. When I got there I saw my twin siblings watching tv.

"You guys do know that its past your bedtime right?" I said coming up behind them on the couch.

"Gabie we are just waiting for daddy to show up," Angel said sadly as he looked up at me. I looked down at them feeling sorry but then reality slapped me in the face.

"Daddy wouldn't be happy if he didn't see you guys in bed. Chop chop get moving." I said clapping my hands loudly. With that, they ran off to their rooms. I took a seat on the couch and sighed deeply. What a day.