Hyperspeed

Perhaps I should communicate with you all a little more? Maybe. I don't wanna keep you waiting. On to the next chapter.

~Ivy~

It's October now. School is in full spring and Homecoming week is coming up. Lately, life hasn't been so bad. Not as bad as I thought. Gabriel and I are talking more. I still have yet to give him my number though. He slides me these corny ass notes in math class. I really did enjoy having a friend. The thing that made being Gabriel's friend cool was the fact that I was able to make friends with his friends. It was a group of six of us. I was still shy around some of them but overall they weren't judgemental and it made me wonder where have they been for the last three years of high school. 

I was walking to lunch with Yasmin. She was one of Gabriel's friends and she was literally drop dead gorgeous. She had long curly hair that had an ombré of honey brown to blonde hair. She had light brown eyes and chocolate skin. Not to mention, she had a body to die for. She was the definition of slim thick. On top of all that, she had the biggest heart and coolest personality. She was a really good friend to me.

"Are you coming to the game this Friday night?" She asked while looking for our table. 

"Hell no. I don't belong in a crowd full of high teenagers, cheering on a sport that I've never seen before." I scoffed.

She looked back at me and laughed. I didn't get what was so funny. I had no intentions of going. We walked to the table and sat down with the rest of our group. It was Yasmin, Isabella, Shawn, Gabriel, Ace and I. This group had all different personalities. Yasmin was outgoing, Isabelle (Izzy) was a hothead with a bad attitude, Ace had the biggest attitude I swear he could check anyone and end their life in two seconds, Shawn was the brains and the sweetest, Gabriel was down to earth and nice and I was the funny one. I pulled out a bowl of grapes from my backpack and began eating it listening into the conversation that was going on before Yasmin and I had gotten there. 

"I don't give a shit her skirt makes her ass look like a square." Isabella huffed while eying some girl across the lunchroom.

"You're too pussy to go up to her and say it though." Ace laughed as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"Does it really matter what she thinks or said to you, arguing and fighting in high school is beyond pointless," Shawn stated looking up from his journal. I always wondered what he wrote in there. 

"Yes!" Ace and Isabella said in unison. Which caused Shawn to look back at his journal and continue minding his own business. 

Gabriel came around to the table and sat down next to Shawn. He looked like he was in deep thought as he stared blankly at the table and pulled his bottom lip in between his teeth. Wow. He was such a work of art. Yes, I said it. Gabriel is really attractive and nobody in this school could deny it. I may have the slightest crush on him. But, we could never be anything together because it seems like he has his own thing going on and I don't wanna date anyone now. I started eating my grapes again assuming maybe his last class took a toll on him. I'm sure he's fine

~Gabriel~

What the hell am I gonna do. I just got back from the office and they told me that my mom was readmitted into the hospital and my dad was unable to be reached. I understand he's working but we haven't seen him in a good three months and now when it matters most is not there with her? Obviously, the twins can't see her like this. So, I'm gonna have to find a way to work double shifts and take care of the twins. This is way too much for me to handle but that's my mom. I just wish there were a cure. I don't even know why she was readmitted. Who called 911? All these damn questions and I wasn't even half way through done this stupid ass day. Ill visit her after school before my shift. Juilo will understand. I gotta pick up the twins though, maybe they can walk to the house themselves from the bus stop? My mind continued to race as a started bouncing my right leg up and down and biting my lip. It was a strange habit I adopted when I was 13. I usually do it when I think a lot.

My thoughts were interrupted by the bell ringing. I quickly grabbed my things and walked out of the lunchroom, avoiding any and all contact with my friends. They knew what was going on. Except for Ivy. She and I have been talking more and It's going really well. I don't wanna ruin anything we have by dumping my problems in her hands.

~Ivy~

It was finally the end of the day and I was nearly running out to the parking lot to catch up with Gabriel. Something was wrong he was avoiding us all day. I spotted him and ran faster. I may be big but I can run if I really want to. I grabbed his backpack to stop him and he looked back at me angry but his eyes softened as soon as he saw me. 

"Hey Ivy whats up." He said with no hint of emotion on his voice. All his emotions were in his eyes I could tell. 

"What's going on? You've been avoiding everyone." I said trying to catch my breath from running.

"Nothing, I just need to go." He turned around and continued walking. 

"Gabriel! Stop you can tell me anything I will never judge you!" I said hoping that would make a difference for him. It didn't. He got into his car and drove off leaving me in the dust of the parking lot. 

I got in my car and drove home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Can you believe this book is in 19th place in bwhm?? I can't I only have nine chapters on here so far. If you guys have any ideas for chapters. Anything you want more explained or anything like that feel free to comment. Thanks for reading. <3