Off Balance

~Ivy~ 

It's late. I should be sleeping. I can't sleep. I turn over and look at the time on my alarm clock and see that its 12 am. This is some bullshit. I need to sleep. Why am I even up? 

Because I'm thinking about Gabriel. 

That is so irrelevant. He's not that interesting anyway. I need to sleep.

I toss and turn for the next two hours because my whole bed is hot now. I hear my phone vibrate and I look to see that I got a text. 

Gabriel- "Hey, open your window."

Speak of the devil...

Ivy- "Why?"

Gabriel- "Because I don't know how long this ladder can hold me and you've been rolling around your bed doing absolutely nothing."

I looked at my window and he was indeed standing there waiting for me to open the door. I slowly dragged myself out of bed and walked towards the window and opened it. He stepped in slowly and drank in my appearance. I was wearing shorts and a tee-shirt, he can see all my fat on display and shit. I sat on my bed.

"What do you want," I said.

"I came because I was thinking about you." He said as he tilted my chin up so I could look at him. He slowly brought our faces together until our lips met. I should've pulled back.

But I didn't. 

Our lips moved together in sync and it felt like I was at home. He slowly slipped his tongue into my mouth and my moment was ruined.

He tasted like alcohol...

I slowly pulled back from him and looked up into his eyes and he smiled lazily at me. I stood up. 

"Gabriel, you're drunk."

"Baby, relax I am good." He smiled at me grabbed the side of my desk for stability.

"Why are you here." 

"I needed to see you." He said as he nearly fell over.

I hated seeing him like this. There was a reason why he got drunk. He's not even at the legal age so there must have been something. That's not important now. I walked towards him and placed my hands on his shoulders.

He needs to go to bed.

I pulled him onto the bed. He slowly ran his hands up my thighs. The sudden feeling made my breathing speed up.

"You're so beautiful Ivy."

"You're not in your right mind.."

"I think you're amazing Ivy." He said as he slowly ran his hands up my shirt.

As much as I wanted it. I wanted it while he was aware of his actions. I pushed his hands off of me and took off his shoes and threw them on the floor. I laid next to him and covered us both up and we were both out like a light.

~The next day~

I woke up and looked to see that it was pouring outside. I looked to my left and saw Gabriel sleeping soundly. He looked so at peace. I slowly climbed out of bed and went to start my morning routine. 

When I finished I threw on an oversized tee shirt and some shorts and went downstairs to start breakfast. I saw a note from my mom on the fridge.

"Hey Ivy decided to pick up some more shifts this week, ill see you eventually. Love mom."

Eventually. I don't blame her for working so hard. After my dad left us she dove headfirst into work. If that was her way of coping with the loss then I wasn't gonna stop her. I just kinda wish she were around a little more. 

I went into the fridge and pulled out all the ingredients needed for scrambled eggs. As I began cooking I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back and saw that Gabriel was finally up. He ran his fingers in his hair, sighed and sat down at the table. I looked back at the stove.

"G-good morning.." he said softly

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I said already knowing the answer.

"Hungover." He said as he placed his head on the table.

I wanted to show him that everything was okay and that he could come to me whenever. But he had a girlfriend. I sighed and continued cooking.

After a while, I finished cooking and placed a plate of scrambled eggs and sausage in front of him. I sat with my plate in front of him and began eating. He looked at the food and started moving the eggs around.

"If you didn't want it you could've just said so," I said a little offended by how he was playing around with the food that I had worked hard to make for him.

"No, I do! I'm just trying to find a way to explain myself."

"What are you explaining"

"I showed up at your window at 2 am? Is that not suspect at all?"

"You were drunk."

"You don't need to remind me. The headache is doing a good job of that already."

"Whatever Gabriel, Its in the past it doesn't matter."

"Why are you being so damn defensive."

"Nobody is being defensive, you're just being stupid."

"Ivy calm down, what died in your food?" He laughed.

"Maybe if you didn't kiss me knowing damn well you have a fucking girlfriend, who goes to our school if I might add then we wouldn't have any problems," I said getting tired of his shit. I was so bothered that I think my ears and cheeks were bright red.

"G-girlfriend?" he said dumbfounded.

"Stop playing stupid, Don't fucking kiss me if you had no feelings for me."

"Ivy listen-"

"No, do you think I have no fucking emotion?? You wanted to use me. I'm not gonna let you. You asshole." I said standing up walking to the sink to place my plate in there and lean on the counter.  I looked at my feet and took a deep breath. 

Yes, I have feelings for Gabriel and no I was not going to admit them to him. Especially not if he has a girlfriend. That's just wrong and trashy. I am hurt that he did that. I wanna be treated well by a guy who actually wants me. I don't wanna be a side piece. 

I was pulled away from my thoughts when I saw a shadow cast itself on me. I looked up and saw Gabriel hovering over me.

"I don't have a girlfriend, so I don't know what you're talking about and You were never a second option or anything like that to me Ivy. I would never use you that way. I wouldn't kiss you for stupid reasons." He said as he stared into my eyes.

"You don't have a girlfriend?"

"No Ivy I have no idea where you got that from. I am single." He said looking into my eyes

"Oh, so then can we just agree that the kiss was just a friendly one?" I said as he looked at me for a second.

"Can there be more than one friendly kiss?" He whispered in my ear.

"Yes.." I found myself being hypnotized by his words.

He lifted me up onto the counter, grabbed my hips and our lips collided in an eager frenzy. 

A/N: Well then... that escalated a little quickly. Does anyone have any ideas of why Gabriel was drunk? I have no idea...