Green Light, Go.

~Ivy~

I hate school. I think we have established this earlier right? Well yes, I hate school. It's not like I don't do well or something. It's just the amount of work there is. I have a life too you know. Anyway, prom was a good two months and I already got my dress with my mom. I already knew I was going with Gabriel so that's why he hasn't asked yet. Which is fine, girls be tripping over his ass so I don't need the extra attention you know?

I walked downstairs into the main hallway so that I could walk to my math class. I walked in and saw Gabriel sitting on his desk, talking to Yasmin. She had the evilest smile on her face she looked like the nightmare before Christmas. 

I walked up to them and smiled.

"Hello dear friends," I said as I sat my bag on the desk next to me.

Gabriel adjusted his headband and smiled at me, "Hey beautiful."

"Hi mamita," Yasmin said.

"So, what are yall talking about over here, Yasmin is over here smiling like a god damn clown."

Yasmin started making the same face and turned around in her seat while looking at Gabriel.

"She's always acting like a damn clown, you know this." He said shrugging. Almost immediately Yasmin frowned and punched him in the arm.

"Shut your bitch ass up."

"Damn, that hurt," he bit his lip and winced.

"What are you gonna do? Shoot me? Lil Gangst-" She started taunting him but he placed a hand over her mouth very quickly and held her like that.

"Gabriel, calm down she was just joking," I said sitting down in my chair. 

"I was just giving her a loving hug!"

I started pulling out my journals and pencils when someone passed by and dropped a note on my desk. I picked it up and there was some kind of red bird stamped on it. This looks fucking stupid but am I gonna open it? Yes. 

I didn't get very far in opening it because Gabriel snatched it from me and opened it himself.

"Gabriel, It's for me stop!"

He looked up and I saw his face and he looked like a different person. I don't even think I recognized him at that point. He looked to his left and to his right. He started staring at someone, watching them.

"Gabe..?" I asked and put my hand on his cheek.

He took off running out of the room. Yasmin and I followed him, Thank God the teacher wasn't here yet and everyone in the class was too engrossed in their phones to notice. I saw him punch someone in the face. He's never been violent, what did that note say? I tried to run over but Yasmin stopped me and watched Gabriel beat him to a pulp.

"Was it you? Was it you who did it? Who did it?" He screamed in the guy's face as he punched him.

"You wish I could tell you, we already have a green light on your ass."

"I will fucking kill you I promise." Gabriel gritted through his teeth as he banged the guy's head against a locker nearby, knocking the guy out.

"Gabriel stop!" I screamed. He looked at me and it was as if whatever took over him, left and fear took over. He stared at me and bolted out of school with the letter in his hand.

"What the fuck just happened?" I asked, I looked to the left of me and saw Yasmin leaning against a wall.

"We might not see him for a while." She said as she took me back to the classroom.