Walk Around My Mind

~Gabriel~

It's been two weeks since the incident with my dad and siblings. Angelo is now at home and his face is recovering well. I still can't forgive myself for not kicking my dad's ass out of the house the moment he came back. Angelo kept a positive outlook though. Ever since my dad left, has been happier.

My mom is back home. She now has a wheelchair and has to go to physical therapy every week. I don't mind it as long as she's getting the care she needs. I decided not to tell her about what happened while she was gone. It was a lot for me and for my siblings. It will be a lot for her too.

I need to mend things with Ivy. I shut her out and shes nothing but a sweetheart. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contact list until I found her name. I hesitated before clicking. 

I was nervous.

Fucking Hell. I tapped her contact name and called her. Waiting as it rang felt like I was waiting for an eternity. 

"Hello?" she said sounding tired.

"Hey Ivy, how are you?" I replied smiling at the sound of her voice.

"I'm good, what do you want?" 

"I can't call my friend now?"

"Oh, so we are friends?"

"Always have been, can I come over I need to talk to you."

"Now you wanna talk?" 

"Ivy please just let me come over and explain."

"Fine, ill text you the address." 

"Okay," I said hanging up. I got up and put some grey joggers on with a black tee shirt. My heart was pounding and I didn't know why. I heard my phone vibrate and I looked to see that she did, in fact, text me her address. I grabbed my phone and wallet and made my way downstairs.

"Mom, I'm going to see a friend. Is there anything you need before I go?" I asked poking my head into the living room.

"No have fun and be safe." She smiled at me while looking back at the Tv. I nodded and grabbed my black vans and put them on. I picked up my car keys and left.

~Ivy~

Ive never had a guy over my house. I got up and put some shorts under my oversized tee shirt and decided not to put on a bra because he was my good friend its not like it mattered. I brushed my hair into a high bun and sat on my bed. 

After 15 minutes, I heard my doorbell ring and I ran downstairs. My mom was at work so we would be all alone. I opened the door and saw him standing in all his glory. He's so mouth-watering. I let him in and lead him to my room. I closed the door and sat on my bed.

"Alright, now that you're here you can explain what the fuck is going on." 

"Get comfortable. This is going to be a very long story." He said running his fingers through his hair and looking down. I grabbed a pillow and a blanket and got comfortable.

"So it all started back when I was in middle school..."

Flashback (Gabriel)

I can't believe I'm finally 13! I'm officially a teenager. Nothing can stop me. I ran down the stairs to go say good morning to my family. My dad was in the kitchen making birthday pancakes for me while my mom was feeding the twins while they were in their high chairs. 

"It's my birthday!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Happy Birthday Gabriel." They both said as they smiled. I sat at the table and awaited my pancakes. After eating, I grabbed my backpack and shoes and headed out the door for school. I can't wait for all the birthday wishes.

I go through about half of my day happily until I get called to the office. I didn't do anything wrong. I sit in the principal's office and nervously await the tall man's presence. 

"Gabriel, hello."

"Hi, sir." 

"You're not in trouble, we just have some news for you."

"What is it." 

"You're going home for an early dismissal."

"Why?"

"Your mom is not well, your dad is on his way to pick you up." I began to worry more and more because my mom hardly got sick. Rarely. My dad arrives and I get in the car silently.

"Dad, what's going on with mom?" I ask. 

He grips the steering wheel so tight his knuckles turn white. "Your mom has been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis."

Multiple what? "What is that?" 

"Shes really sick and she's gonna be really sick for a long time." But no one told me it would be forever.

After two years of hospital visits, doctor appointments, and thousands and thousands of medications. I finally realized what was gonna happen. My mom was dying. 

My mom was dying and there's nothing I could do about it. I accepted it and everything else that came with it. The absence of my Father, taking care of my siblings and my mom, working a job to always try and give my family a better life. I am only 14. I have a life ahead of me. My family is my life now, I said to myself every night as I cried about the outcome

End Of Flashback (Gabriel)

I sat at her desk after explaining the past and recent events finding myself crying just talking about it, but it felt so good to say how I felt. I felt her arms wrap around me and I sobbed into her shirt. I cried like I never cried before. I needed this. It felt like I was at home when she held me in her arms. 

"It's okay Gabriel, Ill always be here for you." She said as she ran her fingers through my hair as she tried to soothe my pain. After a while, we talked and it felt so good to talk to her. We just talked about any and everything. She's such a beautiful human being. I should've never yelled at her. I feel like our bond strengthened over the hours we spent together. We ended the night laying on each other and talking about science and how everything revolves around the sun. Ivy is an amazing girl. She believes in Aliens.

I felt content as we fell asleep in each other's arms. It was so warm...