Rest Easy.

~Ivy~

We are sitting in the waiting room. Just waiting. Gabriel's mom is in critical condition after the attack and Gabriel has been silent for almost two hours now. I decided to get up and go get something to eat. 

"Please get something for the twins, they haven't eaten since we got here," Gabriel said in a hushed tone, holding out a 20 dollar bill.

"I don't need the money, I can get it myself." 

"Please, just take it."

So, I did and I went downstairs to the cafeteria and looked at all the food options. I decided on pizza for the twins and ham and cheese sandwiches for Gabriel and I since my mom had to go to work. I walked back to the elevator slowly. The hospital gave off a depressing vibe and I felt sluggish. I wanted to let my mind roam about how Gabriel ended up in such a pickle with his life. He was such a genuine person. 

He deserved everything, honestly and truly. I walked down the hall towards the waiting room when I saw Gabriel standing talking to the doctor while his siblings slept on one of the chairs together. I sat down next to them and took my jacket off to cover them. I looked down at my feet waiting for Gabriel and the doctor to finish talking. 

He soon finished and sat down next to me. I didn't look at him until I heard him sob violently. I whipped my head around and held him close.

"S-she's not going to make it," he said in between sobs. 

I slowly began running my fingers through his curly hair in an attempt to calm him down. After an hour of him crying he finally fell asleep in my arms. I looked down at him and admired his features. He had such long eyelashes. It wasn't fair that he was this breath-taking.

I mean that in the most friendly way possible.

Besides, we are just friends with benefits, I just hope he and his siblings will be okay. 

After about four hours, Gabriel finally woke up and woke the twins up. 

"Why," his brother sighed as he woke up.

"W-we are gonna go talk to mama," Gabriel replied trying to keep his composure.

"Okay," his brother answered and leaned over to wake up his sister. "Analisa, get up we are gonna talk to mama!"

"Mama! She's okay?" The little girl's eyes lit up as she stared at her oldest brother.

Gabriel looked over at the wall and sighed, "Come with me," He said leading them inside the room. 

I sat there, alone. I pulled out my phone to see what time it was and it was 11:47 AM. I decided to rest my eyes for a little bit, I've been up all night.

~Gabriel~

I slowly led the twins into the room and they both gasped. I wasn't surprised because that was my exact reaction when I first saw her. She had tubes going through her in every part and she was even stiffer than before. She was pale and she looked so fragile. This wasn't my mother.

 I want my mom back...

"Hola Mama," Angelo said softly as he held her stiff hand. 

"Hola Mijo," She said weakly.

"You're gonna be okay mama," Lisa said as she stood next to Angel.

"I'm not so sure this time Lisa," She replied.

My mom never bullshitted people. She was always honest and was always the most honest with her kids. She knew herself and knew us even better, so when she said this I felt the hot tears stream down my face. 

Analisa looked down at her shoes, her face turned red and I knew she was crying but was trying to stay strong. Angel, for the first time, wrapped his arms around her and held her close. Perhaps it was a twin thing. 

"No tears for me please, I am going to a much better place, I will be with you all the time," She slowly reached her hand out and grazed the sides of their faces.

"I love you, mama," Angel said choking up. We knew what was coming, we just were not ready for it. I stood behind them and wrapped my arms around them. We were all crying. There was no one else in this world who could love us as our mom does. My mom has always been my everything and to see her on the brink of death, breaks my heart.

~Flashback~

"Gabriel! Come we can plant the flowers we got from the store now," My six-month pregnant mom shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed my sneakers, I was the happiest nine-year-old boy ever. I walked outside and sat in the garden with my mom. 

"I can't wait to watch them grow so I can give them to you on your birthday mama!" 

"My sweet little boy, mama doesn't need anything from you," she stated as she kissed my forehead.

"I'm still gonna do it," I said grabbing a shovel and digging.

"You're a good kid, I hope you remember to always stay true to yourself and never hold back when you feel like doing something," She said putting the seeds in the ground.

"What do you mean."

"Gabriel, you have always been a smart boy, when you wanna do something do it well, love hard, be passionate, nothing lasts forever, I want you to enjoy life Mijo. Do it for me," She said as she looked at me smiling.

~End of Flashback~

"Mom, please don't leave me," I said letting my emotions get the best of me. I never liked showing my emotions but this was different. Angel and Lisa were crying on the opposite side of the bed.

"Listen to me, you'll be okay, take care of the twins and that girl outside, you've spent a long time working hard for me, please go enjoy being a teenager, be a good strong man," she said slowly.

I was in shambles, I couldn't even speak I just stood there holding her hand and sobbing uncontrollably.

"I hope you remember to always stay true to yourself and never hold back when you feel like doing something when you wanna do something do it well, love hard, be passionate, nothing lasts forever, I want you to enjoy life Mijo," She said closing her eyes slowly.

"Mom, Mom please!" I said begging her to stay. 

Stay with me.

"I love you all, forever and always," she said as she took her last breath and the heart monitor went flat line.

I screamed. I screamed out of pain and suffering. 

I walked to a nearby wall and punched a hole into it and sobbed.

I heard the door burst open and nurses and doctors came rushing in. I sat on the floor in shock. 

I can't move.

"Sir, I'm gonna need you to leave the room," A doctor said

I found myself getting helped up and put into a chair in the waiting room with the twins following closely behind. I looked to my right and saw Ivy handing the twins food and I blacked out.

"Never hold back when you feel like doing something you wanna do..." 

I won't. I promise.