Mission Completed

~Mason~

I watched as the building blew up in front of me. I desperately started searching for Gabriel's body. 

"Mase, maybe he didn't ma-" Richard started

"Shut the fuck up and help me find him," I said pushing debris out of my way.

I've been with Gabriel since the beginning. He's helped me a lot in the past and the least I can do for him right now is find his god damn body.

~Flashback~

"So you're good at computer hacking?" I heard someone say behind me.

I jumped slightly and closed my laptop quickly. I look up and see that someone in front of me is staring at me.

"H-hacking..?" I stuttered.

"Yes, hacking." He chuckled.

"Maybe a little.." I admitted.

"I can offer you a job that pays a whole lot." He started playing with the rings on his fingers.

"What kind of job is that..?" 

" It's for a gang I run, you probably need the money anyway. This can be a good opportunity if you're willing to take it."

A gang?

Currently, my mom and dad are divorced and she and I are barely getting by...Maybe this can be good for me.

"I'll take it, but I'm not tough or anything like that, so I don't know how much help I can give you."

"No need to fret. It's fine, I'm not that tough either." He smiled.

"What's your name?" I asked

"Gabriel Hernandez and you?"

"Mason Alverez..?"

"Alright Mase, give me a call when you wanna talk logistics okay?" He said as he started to walk off.

"Wait I don't have your-" I started but I looked down at my laptop and saw a card with a black snake on it and when I flipped it over it had his name and number on it. 

What a guy.

~End of Flashback~

Gabriel means a lot to me and he always has a plate full and never wants anyone to know. He doesn't wannabe in a gang but since he is the leader he has been using it for good to help people. Almost everyone in this gang needed help of some sort and by being here Gabriel has ensured that. So, I would think that the least we can do is find his body.

"Mason he's right, this is probably a lost case," Paul said slowly.

"I can't believe you guys are saying this. Gabriel never turned his back on you guys when your issues would have been considered a lost case! He sat there and had our backs in the best way possible. Now the least we can do to repay him is find his body. Dead or alive we need to find him, so get off your fucking asses and help me find him!" I shouted at everyone.

They were probably shocked because I'm not very outgoing but Gabriel is like a brother to me. 

After two hours of looking, I see a hand sticking out of some rocks.

"Guys! Here come help me pull them out!" I said as I started moving rocks.

Everyone rushed over and started pushing away the rocks until we found Gabriel laying under with blood all over him.

"Glad you guys could find me..." He said slowly.

I tried pulling him out of the rocks but he screamed in pain. I looked around trying to find a less painful way to get him out.

"Please...It hurts.." He said pleading with me.

"Richard move these rocks around his lower body, Paul come and help me hold his body up and everyone else get the cars ready, we are gonna take him to the hospital ourselves." 

"Why can't we call an ambulance?" Paul snorted.

I hate him.

"Because we are in crow territory, Richard is certified and first aid and can stabilize him until we make it back to our territory," I said slowly so he could understand me because obviously, he has some cognitive issues. 

We started getting to work and soon we were able to pull him out and into the car safely.  I got in the driver's seat and started driving as fast as I could. 

After three hours of driving, we made it to Bakersfield, California which is about two hours from Beverly Hills but this is still our territory. We were searching for a nearby hospital when Richard started yelling.

"Shit, he's bleeding out, come on guys we need to find a place fast!" He said as his voice cracked slightly.

I stepped on the gas as Paul entered in the address for a local hospital in his phone. In less than ten minutes we were there. We carefully pulled him out of the car and ran inside.

"Please! Someone, please help my friend, He's bleeding a lot and he's been hurt!" I screamed. 

Nurses started rushing and some came with a stretcher for him. They took him away quickly ad one took us to a waiting room near the unit he would be in. We sat down and I looked at the name for the unit and saw "ICU" at the top and sighed. Someone else needs to hear about this. I reached in my pocket and pulled out Gabriel's phone. I retrieved it when we were putting him in the car.

I hooked up the phone to my laptop and began attempting to unlock it. In under 15 minites, I was done and I looked in his contact list and saw "Ivy" I clicked it and waited for her to answer.

"Gabriel? It's been like four days since you've left are you-" She started.

"Ivy? Is that your name..?" I asked shyly.

"Yes, who is this?" 

"My name is Mason, I'm one of Gabriel's friends."

"Why are you calling me from his phone..?"

"He's in the hospital and it's not looking too good. We are in Bakersfield when you get here I'll explain everything." I said as I sent her the address to the hospital.

"Okay, thank you." She said before she hung up.

After 3 more hours of waiting, I saw a light-skinned girl with beautiful curly hair walk in with Gabriel's siblings behind her. 

"Ivy," I said trying to get her attention.

"Mason!" Lisa said as she hugged my leg.

"Hi, Lisa," I said as I looked down.

I invited Ivy to sit down and Richard and I began explaining everything to her starting from day one leading up to now.

~Ivy~

My boyfriend is a fucking gang leader. 

That was weird to say. He was so soft but that explains why he was always gone at night and him leaving me and the twins for four days. I looked back at the twins to see them sitting with guilty ass faces.

"Did you guys know about this?" I asked.

They nodded in response. I was the only one who didn't know and I feel fucking stupid. I would've never thought. I sighed. 

"I hope this doesn't change your outlook on him, I haven't seen him this happy in a long time," Angel said sadly.

"He really loves you," Lisa said.

I looked down at my shoes and started thinking about what I should do. My thoughts were interrupted by a doctor walking in the room.

"The family of Gabriel Hernandez?" he asked.

I stood up with the twins and as I looked behind me I saw about 30 other people, dressed in all black stand up including Richard and Mason. I guess this is the gang.

"Um, maybe we should go about this in a different way..." The doctor said as he looked around.

~Gabriel~ 

Mission Completed.