Just getting to know you.

We are coming very close to the end of the book! Ah, so excited! Thank you for 5.2K! Onwards ;)

~Ivy~

-2 weeks left until graduation-

Graduation. Something I have longed for my whole life. It's so close yet so far away you know? I can't wait to walk across that stage, grab my diploma and tell everyone to kiss my fat ass.

I got up from the bed and walked over to my vanity to start doing some light makeup for the day. As I sat down, I stared at a letter from NYU. It was my acceptance letter. I have already made my decision to go there and everything. My mom is excited for me and quite frankly im excited for this new chapter in my life. I'm gonna be able to major in art and find out where I'm gonna go with my life. I just...I haven't gotten around to telling Gabriel about the acceptance.

I'm worried he won't take it well.

However, he should be happy for me regardless of anything. I just don't know how the distance is gonna sit with him. I mean, shit New York is literally on the other side of the country. I don't know. I just know I have to tell him soon. 

I stood up from my vanity, walked to my closet and grabbed a tight light blue dress. Today was Mason's birthday so we are having a huge birthday dinner thing for him at Julio's. 

I grabbed some white heels and put them on. I looked in the mirror and tried to place a loose hair in my high bun back in place. I grabbed my white purse and my phone and walked down the stairs. I saw my mom sitting on the couch watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I walked over to her and said goodbye.

"Have fun, and make sure at some point you tell Gabriel about NYU. Don't wait until the last minute." She said sternly.

"I will," I said as I grabbed my keys and headed for the door. I climbed into my car and started my journey to Julio's Buffet.

When I got there I saw Gabriel's gang setting up the tables and helping with decorations. 

"Hey guys, can I help at all?" I asked setting my purse on a nearby chair. 

"Yeah, can you help me with the table decorations...I-I don't know how to make it look pretty," Javier said nervously. 

"Yeah here," I said walking to him and helping him make some centerpieces with white flowers and candles. 

Eventually, Javier and I ended up hanging up some fairy lights over the table and setting up the party. I looked really pretty. I liked the fairy lights the most. I looked to the side to see Gabriel helping place food on a table and I walked over to see if he needed anything. 

"Hey, do you need any help?"

"Nah, I think we are good over here but I think Shawn might need a little help over there. He probably lost something." He said running his fingers through his hair before proceeding to carry a large bowl of rice and beans to the table.

I nodded and slowly walked over to where Shawn was and asked if he needed any help.

"I lost my fucking keys and Mason thinks I'm picking him up in the next twenty minutes." He said frantically.

"If you want, I can pick him up and you can look for your keys. Besides, I can stall him for a while, we aren't finished setting up here yet." I offered.

"Oh thank god, please do. I'll text him right now and I'll send you the address." He smiled as he pulled out his phone.

I smiled and walked out of the restaurant and hopped into my car. I placed my key in the ignition and I was off in no time.