Chapter 5

"Sometimes what you're looking for comes when you're not looking at all"

Arshita's Pov

I was unable to take in what my eyes were looking at when I saw that I bumped into Siddharth and my face was like I have seen a ghost right in front of me and his expressions probably mirrored mine.

Back them I and Sid never went to any parties and when I asked him that why don't you go to any of your friends' parties he always replied "You don't like parties, I don't like parties, that's it"

He never went to any parties or maybe he went and I didn't knew, whatever it was right now it felt like another betrayal.

"Arshu" he said and my name  sounded so different from his mouth after all this time.

"Nice to see you here" I said in tone which must be showing the taunt I wanted to give him.

I was just blankly looking at him unable to take in my surroundings when he asked, "What are you doing here?"

I was going to answer when his eyes trailed off from me to my back and now he was looking coldly at Shubman.

I could see anger and disgust running through Sid's eyes when he looked at him and I don't know what came to Shubman when he came forward and kept his hand around my waist bringing me close to him.

Siddharth's eyes were fixed where Shubman was touching me and anger was building up in him clearly and Shubman spoke up "Come on, Arshita let's go"

Sid looked back into my eyes and his face showed many expressions he was angry, confused, HURT.
"Arshu.... What" he was saying when I cut him off.

"Yeah, I was just saying hi" I said trying to cover up my bursting emotions.

At that moment I and Shubman turned and lest immediately not even waiting for a second because somewhere I knew that I couldn't take it anymore. We came near a wall and when I was sure we are hidden I slumped against the wall as if my energy gave up.

After few minutes I looked up at Shubman and said "Tumhe vo sb krne ki jarurat ni thi"

"Kya krne ki" he asked looking at me.

"Seriously mai handle kr leti" I said making my voice stable.

"Ha bhut ache se handle kr rhi thi" he said and I protested "I did" when he cut me off.

"You're not over him" he said and looked straight in my eyes.

I kept telling mysefl that I'm over him but I knew I wasn't I wanted to forget everything but I couldn't.
Someone telling me this made me feel more miserable and I hated myself for that.

"I am" I told him but I know that it's a lie.

"Arshita" he said and I looked at him and he shooked his head at me and held me from my shoulders and said "I know when I see a heartbreak" and I looked down just to make sure I was stable.

I knew that I wasn't over him but was it that obvious? Does everyone see through me? Does everyone knew what I was suffering from? Was it that visible?