Chapter 33

"She waits for him as if she has the wings but only he could make her fly"

Arshita's Pov

The rumours of our breakup travelled more faster than our relationship in the college. And every rumour being the worst than the other. I could feel the stares following as I made my way through the college hallways.

I hadn't seen Shubman since he drove off from Ayushi's house that night two days ago after the last conversation of ours.

I hadn't been crying feeling detached to the world and my feelings and I just stood there not moving until I felt Shriya's hand on my shoulder.

I juts wanted to go home and curl up in my bed and keep all the things off of my mind but then Shriya suggested me to come with her to her house and I agreed as right now I just needed someone who could help me with all this mess.

We reached Shriya's house and I guess her family was already sleeping and she prepared some popcorns and ice-cream tubs as we she suggested to watch a movie so that we can get over what ever happened.

Halfway the movie I started telling her what I and Shubman talked about and how everything turned out like this.

"Hey"

I looked up at her.

"I don't think he wanted to do this, either!" she said, she's always been level headed when it came to these type of things and I was glad when she suggested me to come to her house.

I didn't said anything and kept looking down.

She kept her hands on my shoulder and I looked up,"I guess he's only doing what he thinks is right! He's afraid" she said.

"Of what?" I asked and she looked at me, "Getting hurt?"

"Of hurting you!" she said.

That shut me up.

I allowed myself to reverse the roles and I knew that I wouldn't want Shubman to have feelings for me when I wasn't completely over Siddharth. And this obviously led me to the realization that I being the irrational one jumped into confessing my feeling when neither of us was ready for anything.

Now, when I entered the cafeteria with Aditi I was again greeted by some weird stares and questions of our breakup.

"So" Aditi said in lieu of hello, "The worst ones I heard are something you cheating him, he being an abusive boyfriend or you coming back to Sid!"

"What" I said with an annoyed look, "All these rumours in one breakup?"

She nodded her head and then tried out a small smile, "Wonders of college life!"

"Should we sit them on the table or —" Aditi said and I gave her a tired look, "Maybe we shouldn't!" I said and she nodded.

I sighed and we moved to get our food and without any other thought my eyes roamed around to look for those familiar brown eyes. My gaze landed on the table which was ours until a week ago.

Everyone was present there except Shubman.

For moment I was relieved because I didn't knew how would I react if I would've seen his brown eyes, his stupid grin or fucking everything that made him him.

The next moment Shriya caught my eyes and I gave her an apologetic look so that she could understand that I didn't had anything against them and we can still be friends!

I already knew that Shubman hadn't made appearance yet and this made me think why things turned out to be like this and not like the simple relationship we had.