Chapter 34

"In a world full of print, baby, you're my handwritten note"

Arshita's Pov

'Are you alright?'

I contemplated on hitting send as I stared at Shubman's contact but I didn't!.

All it would have taken was one tap, but it just stayed like that unsent saved in the drafts and I felt awful about it for the rest of the day.

It's been a week since Shubman and Siddharth's fight and a week since we talked and looked at each other. Shubman had been a constant presence around me for the lay few weeks and now I was finding it difficult to settle myself in this phase which didn't involved him.

People had been still staring at me giving me curious, apologetic, suspicious and all types of look. And at this point I just decided to ignore them cuz seriously why should I care?

So I juat tuned in and tried to focus on the classes trying not to think about Shubman and all this mess which was proving to be nearly impossible! All thought the say I felt the burden of that unsent message which kept reminding me of everything that had happened between me and Shubman.

After my class I walked over to the library cuz what's better than books to take off your mind from all types of thought!

'I kind of fucking miss you!'

Unsent!

I took a deep breath and closed my phone, I kind of wasn't writing these messages for him, they were for me to deal with my helplessness of not able to talk or look at him.

My phone beeped and I got startled for a moment assuming it to be Shubman but it was from Aditi telling she'll meet me after this class.

As if to pass the time I took out a paper and pen and decided to write something for that contest.

I took out my earphones and plugged in playing 'Hold on by Shawn Mendes' and it felt so illogical that the lyrics were so exact for my situation.

'I was writing for the contest! I'm really doing it! But don't know if it is for you or myself? Hope you'll be happy to know!'

Unsent. And saved to drafts! I really wanted to see how would he react if he would come to know that I was really doing this thing. Maybe he would have given me his perfect goofy dimpled smile while ruffling my hair!

The only thing on my mind right now was Shubman! Me and Shubman! Shubman and me! And so I started writing whatever came to my mind.

My love for you is like the raging sea,
So powerful and deep it will forever be.

Through storm, wind and heavy rain,
It will withstand every pain.

Our hearts are so pure and love so sweet.

I love you more with every heartbeat!

And so if you wish to be my Jake, I'll promise to be your Rose too.

When I finished writing, I just stared at the words and felt almost empty.

I didn't even knew why I wrote this cuz I didn't had any intention of letting Shubman read this. But maybe the words were really for him!

"Heyy!" I heard three mixed voices and looked upto find Shriya, Ayushi and Aditi in front of me.

I immediately pushed the paper in my bag from the desk before anyone of them could read it!