Chapter 12

"If love can fade then, so can pain"

Arshita's Pov

Siddharth was there with another girl.

That girl was Aditi Sharma.

I was frozed on my spot just staring at them and all the feelings were hitting me at the same time, I didn't know what was happening to me but it was really hurting bad to see this.

Two years back when I started college, I was a girl who didn't had any friends to survive and I always wandered alone in the college corridors. There was Siddharth but he was in second year and I didn't wanted to make him feel like he always had to take care of me, so I didn't bothered him.

Flashback;

It was until I got a project to complete and my partner was Adita Sharma. We decided to meet at a Cafe to talk about our maths project.

I arrived the cafe and she was already sitting there, her face buried in a thick book. I entered and slid into the seat in front of her. "I'm sorry" I said and she looked up "I hope I'm not much late"

She passed me soothing smile and shooked her head and saying, "No it's fine, the view here is not that bad" she said chuckling and when I thought which view she was talking about, I followed her gaze and my eyes fell on the barista behind the counter.

I looked back at her and she giggled "Isn't he hot"

"Veryyy hot" I said and we laughed together. Talking to her seemed so easy as she was a very cheerful and down to earth person, and it felt really good to spend time with her.

For the next hour we talked about our maths project and I was really bad in maths "I'm really bad at this" I said looking at the thick book in front of me.

She smile and said "No problem when I'm here, I'll help you with it" She was really good in maths she promised to tutor me for it and I agreed and in return I was going to help her with literature as she sucked at it.

After that day we were always together. Canteen, college, cafes, anything, we were together, that day I found myself a best friend and I was really grateful for it.

Back to present;

So toady after two years seeing her here in the park with my ex-boyfriend, I felt like someone stabbed me multiple times and everything was finished inside me.

I couldn't do anything but stare at them and as if they knew they were being watched they stopped walking and looked in my direction. The smiles on their faces immediately disappeared.

They looked at me and I immediately looked away, turned and started walking, unaware of the fact that Shubman was running to catch over with me.

"Arshu" I heard Sid calling for me but I ignored and kept walking "Arshu listen"

I was yanked back by my arm. I looked up to see siddharth holding my hand. I snapped my hand back and Shubman came in between us staring at Siddharth.

"Get your fucking hands off her" Shubman shouted on him.

"Stay out of it Shubman" Siddharth said. "I think you're the one who's out of the picture right now so do us a favor and get lost" Shubman shouted at him not taking a step back staring at him with anger filled in him.