Chapter 32

"When I whisper your name, even the moon smiles. As if to ask, are you really thinking of him? Again?"

Arshita's Pov

Shubman and Kyra had gone for nearly one hour and I was just sitting here sipping on my beer hoping the sour taste to drown my sorrowness.

Shriya didn't told me anything else beside what she told me earlier and I couldn't have forced her cuz she was right as it wasn't her place to tell.

Everyone tried to ask me many questions about all this but I didn't answered them as I was too exhausted and disturbed right now and so I decided to leave but Shriya and Ayushi held me back telling I can leave when I'm both exhausted and drunk.

How could I have fallen for him in the first place?

I screwed up. I just kept drinking hoping to be in that pass out drunkenness state so as to keep things off of my mind.

I was just about grab another bottle of beer when a hand shot to grab my wrist.

I looked up.

"That's enough!" Shubman said in the dark of the night I wasn't able to take in his expressions but by his voice I knew he was still mad.

I tried to swat my hand back but his grip was tighter and it kind of hurted my hand.

"You're no one to stop me!" I said trying to get my hand out of his grip, "You're drunk!" he said.

"No I'm not" he said and he still didn't left my hand and I couldn't help but flinch at the pain.

"Shit.... I'm... I'm sorry... I...I didn't mean to" He said leaving my hand which now had the prints of his fingers.

I looked down and didn't spoke anything. He also stood at his place and didn't made a move to touch  me and and it felt as the distance between us was now so difficult to cross. I guess it really was!

"Does it hurt?" He asked quietly, playing with the stone by his shoes.

I didn't had to answer that for him to know.

"You were gone for a long time!" I said slowly looking up.

He looked at me and then again flickered his eyes to the other side and his jaw clenched a bit when he said, "Yeah"

"Shub" I said when at the same time he said, "We need to talk"

We were silent when we made our way to the backside to a wooden side. It was kind of big and so I sat at the one end and he sat on the other. We could still hear the faded sounds of everyone talking and laughing but it was okay.

The first thing that came to my mind were the words, "Did you had fun with Kyra?"

"It wasn't like that" he said looking down.

"Like what?" I snapped.

"We didn't — we weren't —I mean.... Ughh" he said as he burried his face in his hands. He looked up after a moment and when he spoke he was kind of calmer, "I meant to fool around with her, and I tried also but at some point I wasn't able to. It was pointless!" he said.

So he meant to. I tried not be bothered by that thought and asked, "Pointless?"

"Aisa krne se kuch solve nhi hone wala tha" he said.

"I'm sorry!" I finally said, "Mai ye sb aise nhi batana chahti thi"

He sighed with a shake of his head, "We were going to tell them anyways"