Chapter 15

"And you will spend the rest of your remaining days on this earth chasing shadows of love that look like mine"

Arshita's Pov

Things between my mom and I have been always complicated, but they were never quite as complicated as this.

We developed this unspoked system between us since years. I used to do well in school and college ans stayed out of her way and she engrossed herself in her work. She always said this was for our betterment but we were not in much need for money. Her job paid us well enough. I guess she just wanted to do something to keep her mind off things.

I understood that because I had relied on the same strategy since dad left, I didn't imersed myself in work but tried to stay more and more away from our too empty house and stayed with Siddharth or Aditi.

We might have been distant, but we were never like this, we were never truly mad at each other.

Not until now.

I wasn't sure what to eclxpect after the last night had turned out. I was surprised to see that she still left my allowance on the table, I thought she would just leave like but she didn't.

Shubman was late today so we didn't talked to each other on the first period and the day was spent like that but he once again was waiting for me outside my classroom for lunch.

I was still pissed about yesterday and it would have been evident from my face because as soon as I reached near Shubman he said "I guess, the talk between you and your mom didn't went well" and I nodded.

"Are you grounded" He asked.

"Jaise mai Unko krne dungi" I said and he chuckled and we made our way towards the cafeteria. At this point I didn't even bothered to stay away from them because I really needed a distraction. And Shubman was right when he said  eating with him would make rumors go all over the campus.

Like any girl was not seen with Shubman for more than one or two days and then suddenly this nobody was seen eating with him and his friends on a daily basis.

"So you're free on Saturday" he asked as we were walking to the canteen.

I didn't know what was this about so I asked "why?"

"Mujhe bhi nhi pata" he said as we entered the canteen "Chlo pata krte hai"

We reached our table and Manjot, Nagar and Ayushi were again engrossed in their joking world and Shriya was giggling at something Abhay said. As soon as we reached and Shriya saw us she squeeled happily asking, "You're coming on Saturday right!"

Her beautiful smile was enough to make me smile after this bad day.

I looked at Shubman confused and he shrugged giving 'even I don't know' look.

I took a seat asking "Ye Saturday ki kya mystery hai?"

"Saturday ki ye mystery hai ki hafte me chaar shanivaar hone chaiye" Mandy said making me chuckle.

"Shut up" Shubman said sandwich in his mouth.

"Surprise hai" Shriya said happily "You'll love it"

"Kaisa surprise, actually I hate surprises" I said.

"You hate everything" Shubman said nudging my shoulder.

"Aur tu unme se ek hai" Abhay said and we giggled and he gave me a high - five.

"You, you're enjoying my misery?" Shubman asked pointing his finger at me.

"Yess Mr. Gill" I said and intertwined my finger with his and he laughed shaking his head.